PSone screen showing different colors when turned on

Yes I just joined the forum and I have been working on my portable for the last 2 months. I fried my first N64 board from a reason I do not know of, and my new N64 board used to work, but one day I turned it on to test it to see if it still worked, and it didn't. I did not do anything to mess it up, so I really don't know what happened. Anyway, back to my question. I tried rewiring all my stuff (n64, screen, batteries etc.) and everything turns on, but when I look at my psone screen, it shows a bunch on colors randomly on the screen, like its wavy green, red, pink colors. I don't know if I shorted something, but this has given me much frustration and I'm wondering if any of you modders know what's wrong.

Check the ribbon cable from the screen to the board and make sure its in even and all the way and the locking bar is down. Other then that your screen might not be getting enough voltage (7.5v) and make sure what ever console you are testing your screen with actually works. If none of those work for you then it looks like you fired your screen. Hope that helps.

MOA

You can't fry an N64 with heat. Overheating is a myth. I have played my N64 for months without proper cooling, the only thing that happens is that it becomes more prone to crashing.

Back