Psone Screen Backlight

GamecubePerson111

I was using my psone screen when all of a sudden the psone's backlight stopped working. I can see the picture very dimly but the backlight does not turn on. I found that it is the transformer that is not working as it is not heating up at all. Is there any fuses I can jump to fix this?

If the transformer isn't working then jumping a fuse won't help.
It's doubtful that you can replace the transformer either.
Best way to circumvent this problem: install the LED backlight a la Ben's book and totally disconnect the dead backlighting.

The ccfl backlight itself might've broken, aka you can replace it if someone else has one. Just unplug the current one and get one from another psone screen(I'm sure someone here has one) to replace it with, it's at least worth a shot.

Don't listen to goldstubble. Ben's led mod guide is way outdated and gives bad advice, and his advice that it is nonfixable is retarded. There is a chance a fuse blew, and if you figure out which one you could jump it and it might work. You don't know what's broken, so you need to find out, not just go "AW SCREW IT" like he suggests.

I'm sure many people who have led modded theirs have them lying around somewhere.

Yeah i tried jumping a fuse but that didnt work, the fuse I jumped was getting a .1v reading on my multimeter but I think all I need is a new transformer to solder in place, I didn't hear any noises when the backlight stopped working so what do you guys think?

Do you hear a high pitched buzz when you have it on? It's very quiet, it's what the transformer does when it's on.

To test a fuse you don't test voltage, you test resistance through the fuse. Anything close to 0 ohms means you've got continuity.

Yeah Ive heard the buzz before but not anymore, also the transformer does not warm up at all. Thanks for the info on testing the fuse with ohms not voltage, I will try putting the fuse back and testing the resistance. Thanks for the help.

Back