ps1 screen fails to work... sigh :'(

dsv101

i got a ps1 screen in the mail today and it powers up but no video shows

any suggestions?

it was already done but the wire was cut for some reason I informed who i got the screen from and he told me it didnt have a backlight, so i need to led mod it. Amazingly it already has holes in the plastic for the leds :mrgreen:

first i need a new soldering iron :awesome:

It will work just fine without the backlight. Shine a flashlight on it and you will see it working.

Just don't expect to be able to play a game on it while holding a flashlight :p

here's the story:

i got my ps1 screen in the mail it powers up but not even a pixel lights up. I know it isnt because it doesn't have a back light because i shined a bright light on it and saw nothing happen. Also in the package there was a cap that fell off from somewhere, but on a guide somewhere i found that where the cap came from and you could remove it and still have a fully functional screen. At the top of the board it has been completely trimmed and doesn't have a transformer, is that the problem?

Any suggestions? (other than getting another screen)

is the screen cable plugged in all the way and securly to the board? I had it working before I sent it out, powered off a bench supply and the flashlight through the lens. I'd unplug the screen and put the ribbon cable back in.

ill take the tips u gave me and try to fix it tomorrow...if worst comes to worst ill send it to you and maybe include a secret item in there to take up box space ;)

Back