Portable audio amp?

J.D

No Stranger To Love
I want to play annoying music on the school bus, from my iPod Touch.

I need a portable audio amp, no bigger then the size of a DMG, at least 20 minutes of battery life, and has a 3.5mm connection. Any ideas?

How powerful? LM386 I'm not sure of the power, but it can't be more than a few watts. The TI amp chip (I forget the part number) is 2W per channel. I have a partially built amp based on two TDA2003 chips, 10W a channel (into how many ohms I'm not sure). Also, do you want built in speakers, if not what sort of speakers will you connect to it? If you don't want to build one or get someone to build one for you, I recommend you look at iPod/MP3 speakers. You can get cheap generic ones that put out 2W of power (or so they claim) for under $20.

Get a FiiO S3. It is a set of small, portable speakers with a built in SD card MP3 player.

Hook up computer speakers to a battery. I think they are usually about 9 volts. It wouldn't fit in a DMG though so........ nevermind :dah:

HP laptop speakers. They run off 5v(usb), cost 40 bucks(expensive, sadly) are tiny, and are LOUD. (great quality too) I use mine for my PC right now.

You guys are all "Distasteful Homosexuals".

Just buy some old PC tweeters that don't require external power. I have some HP ones that get loud as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*.

Back