Pocket with a Micro battery?

tomcraig

Hey guys, fan of the site but first time posting. I've looked around and found similar projects, but can't figure out if this possible. Can I power my Gameboy Pocket with a Gameboy Micro battery? I know that the Pocket runs on 3v and the battery is 3.8v and the only reason I want to try is that I fried my Micro trying to mod it and now have nothing to do with the parts. Anyone know if this possible? If so, what would be the easiest way to charge it? Thanks in advance. :)

It's a bit of a waste of Micro battery, and the runtime will be terrible. Rather, you could use a GBASP battery.

Hm... Well I've seen some posts about using SP batteries, like this one:http://bibin.gg8.se/blog/page/2/, and it seems like I'd be stuck using an SP to charge the battery. Is there really no other way to charge the battery, like pulling parts from the SP and putting them inside the Pocket or something?

You could research and build an appropriate charger circuit and integrate it, but unfortunately on the SP everything is on one single board so unless you know exactly what to cut off and reuse you'd be out of luck extracting the SP's circuit. I've just stuck with using the SP as a charger using an RJ11 jack for access as I don't want to bother making a charging circuit.

Back