Orangeziggy84's Wii Trimming Journey

orangeziggy84

Hello! I'm going to try to cut the Wii as far as I can, and relocate some parts and see if it works. The last time I tried this I just cut off the end of the board and rewired the bluetooth dongle, but that didn't work somehow so I'm going to try to do it piece by piece. I just cut part of the board near the coin battery. Here's a picture:

o54jYLx.jpg

Any help or ideas would be good.

Update: I took off the capacitors in front of the SD slot; apparantly they were filters for the input voltage to the sd card. I bridged FIL43, the one on the bottom right, and they seem to work now.

So I cut off the SD slot and it worked, but then I tried to cut off the rest of the board near the top. Now the Wii doesn't turn on or do anything.

Here's a pic of it cut. I put the part that I cut off which made it stop working right next to it. The other parts that were near it I cut off and it still worked. The Wii I had also worked without the bluetooth for some reason also. I think I might need to sand it or connect some voltages, because the chip doesn't heat up or anything when I turn it on.

SrRJz9G.jpg

So I've got some older pinouts that I think someone may find useful. This is on one of the older boards; there are some with the layout moved around.

DVD Drive:

GRpjpSR.jpg

Sd Slot:

jNxuHDi.jpg

Bluetooth:

E0jn3j8.jpg

Bluetooth Pins:

1z72EJr.jpg

Wifi Module:

jXxvLwF.jpg

Wifi Pins:

aLyLzUg.jpg