not sure how to fix this...

IKSROG-II

:tophat: so i had finally got my n64p wired up with batteries and screen and all was well UNTIL!
i was trying to desolder the reset button and i kinda desoldered whatever was here (dont kno what to call it :sweat: )

i tried to resolder it to the board to no avail...any suggestions?

That's a capacitor, use 2 little wires, also it has polarity so solder it in facing the right way.

Also you don't need to bridge the reset button.

well the only issue i have is that the contacts to the capacitor have snapped off making it hard to solder to...is there any way to replace it?

βeta said:
Bentomo, are you sure?

You don't. I remove that sectrion of the board completely and have no problems, there is absolutely no reason to do anything of the sort, because if you do, the n64 won't operate correctly.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
βeta said:
Bentomo, are you sure?

You don't. I remove that sectrion of the board completely and have no problems, there is absolutely no reason to do anything of the sort, because if you do, the n64 won't operate correctly.

SS
This, the only reason people think this is because of bacteria, his guide says you have to bridge it. But just look at the board, there's no trace there and the board is only 2 layers, so you're basically bridging ground. Yeah.

bentomo said:
ShockSlayer said:
βeta said:
Bentomo, are you sure?

SS
This, the only reason people think this is because of bacteria, his guide says you have to bridge it. But just look at the board, there's no trace there and the board is only 2 layers, so you're basically bridging ground. Yeah.

Silly bac :lol: I did this to my first n64 board and it ended up constantly resetting. I thought the board was dead so I played with it by pulling chips off and stuff.

I can probably send you the cap, but I'm not home right now. I will be late tomorrow. Alternatively you could read what it says on top, and get a cap with the same ratings from radioshack or something.

if i could go buy the capacitor from the shack that would be awesome :D the only issue is how do i figure out what rating it is? or does someone know?

:tophat: So good news! after much deliberation i finally got the capacitor soldered and everything works fine! thanks for helping me through all this fail :sweat:

Back