Noob question. What is SDgecko and what's the use?

Bakuku

Hi all,

Bakuku here with another Noob Question needing a 7331 answer.
Subject says it all.

Greets,
Bakuku
Boom, Headshot

ProgMetalMan said:
It's a memory cart to SD adapter for running homebrew apps.

So it's just a normal SD card instead of the modified SD card Nintendo uses in their Memcards that you can connect to your PC to add Bootable apps?

Also, I read modders always connect them to port B? Is there a specific reason for that? And how can I retain the option to be able to insert a regular Nintendo Memcard into slot B for GameSave transfer with the internal slot A Memcard without losing Gecko capabilities?
Thanks in Advance

[/quote]
So it's just a normal SD card instead of the modified SD card Nintendo uses in their Memcards that you can connect to your PC to add Bootable apps?

Also, I read modders always connect them to port B? Is there a specific reason for that? And how can I retain the option to be able to insert a regular Nintendo Memcard into slot B for GameSave transfer with the internal slot A Memcard without losing Gecko capabilities?
Thanks in Advance[/quote]

um, actually you can use slot A as an internal gc memory card, and slot b keep it as is to have the two way benefit of using hombres and a second gc memory card for data transfer etc.

i have this setup i my portable.

slot A is memory card hardwired to it (reason why, cause most gc games, if not all ask to save to slot A, which is very convenient to have)
im using a third party gc card that's 2043blocks :),

my slot B is extend with wires so i can place it anywhere i want, and this allows to use a second 2043block gc memory card (i have two 2043 block cards)
and use an gc adapter like SDgecuko or SDML adapter to use an SD card that has lots of nice,niet homebrew on it :) (im using a 32gb SDHC card for my homebrew :mrgreen:.

this setup works great.

reason why most people use slot b as an internal sdgeckuo is because most homebrew loads from slot B better than A? (someone correct me here if im wrong on this fact).

so, yeah that's sdgeckuo etc.

try it out, you'll love it, i sure do :)

glad i could help you out.

Back