Next project?

pnxbwood

Ok guys, I've narrowed down my choices to three possible new projects to work on, once I accumulate enough extra cash.

Option 1: DarK PS2 Version 2

Option 2: First Gamecube Portable

Option 3: Raspberry Pi Tabletop Mame Cab

Now, here's what I'm thinking for each one.

If I create a new, revamped version of my ps2 handheld, I will be able to correct all errors and make it like 10x better looking (internally and externally.) Also, I think after doing the first project, I learned a lot about the PS2 board and controller, and how everything works properly. And yes, I would definitely spend a lot more time on the aesthetics and the casework. And finally, there are little PS2 portables or handhelds being created these days.

I've always wanted a gamecube portable, because lets be honest, the system is so freakin awesome. But, this would be a new challenge to me, considering I'm not good with battery regulators or voltages or any of that stuff, and I know the gamecube is heavily reliant on this knowledge. I would need a TON of help on these forums. My last PS2 was a handheld because no internal batteries. But I liked it that way. I'm almost always next to an outlet, or I'm driving and never a passenger to need to have internal batteries.

And finally, the Raspberry Pi Mame tabletop. I have the Pi, and have had it since december. I just didn't know what to do with it! Well, I was thinking that I have seen a raspberry pi mame table, but never a tabletop cab (Ex: WeeCade). So, why not do something original? What do you guys all think?

Want to see a new PS2h REVAMPED, or a Gamecube Handheld, OR a RPi Mame Tabletop Cab?

(Worklog will be exclusive to ModRetro)

Back