Need voltage requirements for PS2 and SNES

Ps2 slim takes 8.5v. Theres talk that some of the Japanese ones take 7.5v, but Ive never seen proof. For a ps2 slim, try to get one in the 790xx range, as the motherboard is much smaller, and has lower power draw as well. (lasts 2x longer on my batteries than my other slim). A perfect power solution for this is the power board out of an Initial rb-270 DVD player battery. It takes 7.4v in and spits out a very steady 9v. Nice thing about it, is that you can replace the cells (18650's x6) with other ones. Has an integrated smart charge circuit, and also an LED capacity gauge thats pretty accurate, no matter how many cells you add. (Ive gone up to 16 18650's on one board, and it remained very accurate, since its voltage based). Biggest downside is heat generation, but if you get airflow, it stays plenty cool, and replacing sinks is easy.

As for the SNES, depends on if its a slim, original, or clone. I know a slim runs off a single 7805, so it has a max of ~1.5A draw.

Palmer says that the 9000X ps2 slims(with internal psu) run off 7.5v. I'll sell you my modded internal psu one for 90 plus shipping.

That initial battery has a huge board and has caused me lots of problems. That said, it would probably work fine for this application. The SNES mini uses well under an amp at 5V IIRC.

XCVG said:
That initial battery has a huge board and has caused me lots of problems.
It can be trimmed rather extensively. And I havent had any problems with mine, and Ive done some rather ridiculous things to it.

no, dipflax. If I was talking about the SNES, I wouldnt have quoted the part where he is talking about the Rb-270. ;)

(can you tell Im angry today?)

I deleted my post before you posted cause I saw how you were talking about a battery.

Back