Need someone to build me a gaming rig

Turn this into a fight about Operating Systems, and everyone involved will get a week ban.
I'm not *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing kidding.

Good Point Jlee, lets Turn this into a console war.

Wii Rocks.

Either way, is the guy just some bot? he really hasn't been posting anything.

okay, let's get this straight. You want to go from one of the best gaming rigs I've ever seen(I have mediocre computers) to something low and mediocre just because of having a bit too little ram or a not top of the line graphics card? Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
and, why is asus blacklisted?

There is no logical hardware reason why it should be slow. Do you have antivirus? Is it full of viruses? Do you have a bunch of useless programs running in the background? Are all your drivers installed and up to date? Is there something stupid turned on in the BIOS?

Aceboy, do you want to buy my 1GHz Pentium 3 with 1GB RDRAM, a GeForce 7300 with 512MB ram, and a 500GB hard drive (SATA)? Asking only 400 dollars! Windows XP (your favorite) boots in 20 seconds.

This guy is useless and is not cooperating on purpose. I suggest refraining from offering him real help.

You may have a virus that doesn't show any symptoms other than a slowdown. I just got rid of 14 different .exe infections I didn't know I had, and my computer runs twenty times faster.

Ampersand said:
You may have a virus that doesn't show any symptoms other than a slowdown. I just got rid of 14 different .exe infections I didn't know I had, and my computer runs twenty times faster.

It was mainly his bad GFX card.

Also, well made viruses have no symptoms, but lots of effects. If people suspect something, then the virus might get found out. ;)

Your terrible gaming rig purchase can be salvaged, just get a new graphics card, simple as that. Processor is great, get a mugen II sycthe fan and overclock that from 2.8 to 4.0 (4.2 if skilled). Then get a much better graphics card, the 9400 is horrible by todays standards. Get an ATI 4890 or something similar, PM me with questions.

crazy amounts of ram is usless, (I have 12gb lol). 4gb is recommend for gaming and you'd have to run 64bit windows.

Why are we still talking about this topic? I said I wanted to withdraw my offer (or if I never said that before I just did!!!)

Back