Need someone to build me a gaming rig

aceboy44

After being screwed up with with the terrible specs I had last summer I want someone to build me a gaming rig with the following specs:

CPU: Intel core 2 duo E8600 (If there is a better option please inform me)
RAM: 2 GB max (using 32-bit OS)
HDD: Not more than 120GB - 160GB
VGA: EVGA GTS 250 (If there is a better option please inform me)
OS: I will install my windows so you should NOT charge me for this service (Windows XP 32-bit)
Motherboard: EVGA or XFX (I prefer EVGA - Asus is blacklisted)
PC Case: Antec 300 with all fans installed (additional 3 fans installed)
CD/DVD Drive: Just pick me the best quality (I do not use blu-ray)
PSU: 750W - 900W whichever is better (PSU must be from 100-240V for worldwide usage)

Extras:
1) Fan controller (I require to have a fan controller for all fans on my desktop to reduce unnecesary amount of noise the fan cuases)
2) Built-in speaker system so I don't have to pug an external speaker
3) Shipping worldwide by FedEx with insurance (buyer assumes responsibility for ALL damaged components)

Post your offer here or PM me. The price for CPU + PC Case + Motherboard = $460 (including shipping) and thus, if I detect/suspect you are over-charging or scamming me then I will order the parts myself from USA and have a local shopper build me the parts. You have been warned.

Here is a picture of my recent terrible gaming rig (purchased Summer 2009)
10ngoxj.jpg

Eeew, Windows XP.

Why not just get a 500GB HDD?

WHY ONLY 2GB RAM?

Some gaming rig you have there.

I will build it! :D

You can even have my old case if you want IDK.

PS: You can use up to 4GB(including video card memory) with a 32 bit OS.

Srsly tho u should get 7.

EDIT: Where do you live? WAT?

Also go on http://www.newegg.com/ and find all the parts you want and put them into a wishlist. ::3:
I will do this cheaper then anyone else because I find it fun as Heck and have not gotten to build a new PC in some time. :cry4:

Heck if you are not heartset on intel I can make u a godDang nice AMD machine with 7 and a 1TB HDD for $1000 or less. ::3:

I would like to withdraw my offer for the following reasons:

1) I think people who reply to me here are either 13 years old kids, or rookies when it comes to computers. Based on my personal computer experience, a windows xp 32-bit can not hold more than 3GB ram.

2) People here are replying to me prior to reading my reqs., I said I'm gonna use windows XP because I like it more than other operating systems and I'm very comfortable using it (as shown in the picture above) so why all the "Eeew, windows xp" or "Srsly tho u should get 7" comments? In my opionion (I said opinion not fact) I find windows XP to be better than windows 7, heck even a macintossh (apple) is better than windows vista/7. Since people here are windows 7 diehard fans they will surely give me reqs. that are not compatible with windows xp (When I took my recent gaming rig to a local store to sell it he told me that Core I7 CPU's are not compatible with windows xp, even if they were, they wont run on windows xp as good and smooth as when they do on windows vista/7.) To make matters worse someone here asked me to use AMD rather than intel for my CPU :eek:

3) After seeing all those comments why should I seek any further help here rather than going to small ventures and seek help there? People who work in ventures will guarentee me neat cable management, refund policy, and 1 year warrenty in addition to customer service.

Sorry fellas, but not everyone here is a fan of technology......

Well I built you a good one in chat.

I don't understand why you're being so...Edgy about this.

regardless how everyone is acting, I'm assuming they are trying to help.

Again, if you don't want me to help you out;

PM Jleemero. :)

MT

Wait, is that your current "crap" rig in the picture there? That's not crap at all. That's an i7 rig, and the core components at least are better than your proposed replacement. I say throw in a new videocard, maybe a PSU if you get a huge videocard. If it makes you happy, pop in some extra RAM and a bigger hard drive.

Also, what do you mean by order from USA?

He asked if you could build him a computer, not if you could try to talk him into your favorite OS.

Obviously none of you are mature enough to handle that.

Ampersand said:
He asked if you could build him a computer, not if you could try to talk him into your favorite OS.

Obviously none of you are mature enough to handle that.

Thank you for clarifying that out to the boys, sir. :)

I'm just trying to say that it would be worth more of your time to get Windows 7 then XP. XP isn't even supported anymore, is it? Back in 2001, why would you use Windows '98?

It's his choice guys, I don't mind XP, personally I use it daily as well as at my school, and XP should be supported until spring if I remember correctly.

But basically you are wanting someone on the forums to just build the PC. You would ship the parts to our house then we would ship the assembled PC back?

No offense, but I would look into building it yourself, it doesn't take that much effort and we are here to help you through the process, that's what the chat room if for ;)

BlueLink77 said:
It's his choice guys, I don't mind XP, personally I use it daily as well as at my school, and XP should be supported until spring if I remember correctly.

But basically you are wanting someone on the forums to just build the PC. You would ship the parts to our house then we would ship the assembled PC back?

No offense, but I would look into building it yourself, it doesn't take that much effort and we are here to help you through the process, that's what the chat room if for ;)

He wants someone from the US to order parts locally, build it, and ship it to him. He is overseas.

what is wrong with your "horrible" gaming pc? thats a Heck of a rig! the psu and graphics cards are a bit lacking, but beyond that, thats a serious MOFO. why do you want to upgrade it to something with lower specs and performance? it seems stupid to me. :facepalm:
also, this is a forum. people will post their opinions. thats just the way it is. dont freak out about it. you remind me of bacteria, and thats bad. no offense. ;)

Michaelthurston said:
BlueLink77 said:

He wants someone from the US to order parts locally, build it, and ship it to him. He is overseas.
I get'cha. Sounds like a good way of doing it actually, considering that NewEgg doesn't ship internationally.

aceboy44 said:
I would like to withdraw my offer for the following reasons:

1) I think people who reply to me here are either 13 years old kids, or rookies when it comes to computers. Based on my personal computer experience, a windows xp 32-bit can not hold more than 3GB ram.

2) People here are replying to me prior to reading my reqs., I said I'm gonna use windows XP because I like it more than other operating systems and I'm very comfortable using it (as shown in the picture above) so why all the "Eeew, windows xp" or "Srsly tho u should get 7" comments? In my opionion (I said opinion not fact) I find windows XP to be better than windows 7, heck even a macintossh (apple) is better than windows vista/7. Since people here are windows 7 diehard fans they will surely give me reqs. that are not compatible with windows xp (When I took my recent gaming rig to a local store to sell it he told me that Core I7 CPU's are not compatible with windows xp, even if they were, they wont run on windows xp as good and smooth as when they do on windows vista/7.) To make matters worse someone here asked me to use AMD rather than intel for my CPU :eek:

3) After seeing all those comments why should I seek any further help here rather than going to small ventures and seek help there? People who work in ventures will guarentee me neat cable management, refund policy, and 1 year warrenty in addition to customer service.

Sorry fellas, but not everyone here is a fan of technology......

This is really funny to me considering that most people here could do a great job building PC's and that you came here in the first place. Also, Macs rule.

Macs do not rule. Macs are overpriced underpowered linux-based yesteryear technology. But I'll admit, they are well designed and are pretty stable machines.

In my opinion, it goes in this order: Windows XP > WIndows 7 > Windows Vista > Linux > Hackintosh > OSX

If you actually want to do anything more than code of play movies or browse the web, Windows is the way to go.

Hey, aceboy. Stop talking down to "the boys", or calling us such.

I have to believe you are either foolish, or a troll, based on not only your demeanor and grammar but the fact that you call the rig in your (heh) internet explorer window crap, while you are considering building a computer that is far less powerful.

Mac is based on Darwin, a derivative of Unix. Not Linux. Linux is also a derivative of Unix.

Please get the assumptive "[x] rules" statements out of here unless you can back it up with an argument better than "it's overpriced" or "it's [incorrect fact]".

Windows XP is getting old. It is a good system, but apart from the 32-bit limit, it's full of security holes and inefficiencies that make it have some hangups even on the fastest of computers. Forget windows vista, and jump to Windows 7 64-bit.

$460? 2GB of Ram? GTS 250? 160GB HDD? What kind of Gaming computer is this?

I can certainly build you a gaming rig, but there are a lot of components that I would change making it more expensive, but much more powerful.

PM me if you're interested in my services :cool:

Bibin said:
Hey, aceboy. Stop talking down to "the boys", or calling us such.

Please get the assumptive "[x] rules" statements out of here unless you can back it up with an argument better than "it's overpriced" or "it's [incorrect fact]".

Windows XP is getting old. It is a good system, but apart from the 32-bit limit, it's full of security holes and inefficiencies that make it have some hangups even on the fastest of computers. Forget windows vista, and jump to Windows 7 64-bit.
Nothing wrong with OSX. It's a good looking, stable OS, with plenty of goodies built in. Most folks could use it well as a media center or to do do office work. I have absolutely nothing against the OS, it's very good for most people. The only thing I think it's really missing is support by game developers, but I know that will pick up in due time anyway.

It's the hardware that I have an issue with. It's usually older, (though that makes it well documented and very stable hardware) and very pricey. I'm sorry, but the price fact is enough for me. Unless you find someone who is selling their Mac used, you will usually spend double the money on what is the same computer with a different OS. But most folks don't always need the newest and fastest. I personally use a netbook with an Atom processor as my desktop computer, and it does everything I need. (Except read cds or dvds, of course.)

They have great aesthetics, both in the chassis and the OS, and most people would be happy with them, if it just weren't for the price.

Back