Need Info on an Iron

Crazy Inventor

My uncle gave me an old soldering iron when my parents went to visit, and I need infomation on it. It's a Weller WTCP Series. NOthing else as far as I can see. Some printing was fading away as if it was wiped. I can't exactly make out the sticker. It looks like late 60's early 70's. Any info will do.

I did a quick test and in less than a minute about 1:00 to 1:10 it was hot enough to melt the solder with a small light touch, so it wasn't used much.

Here are some pics(they're not mine I'm too lazy to take and post pictures.):

t2785320-202-thumb-SolderstationNeedsHeater-W900.jpg

140.jpg

Here's mine. There sticker on the back.
IyaJll.jpg

Look at new Weller stuff. It all looks like its from the 70s. :p
I don't really see why you need any more info, the sticker tells you what series tools you can use with it.

I've got one of those sitting on my desk right now, with a TC201 iron. No temp control, but it's a nice sturdy base. The cover around the thick part of the hot end on the iron unscrews and slides off so you can replace the tips, which are held in place with a little magnet. You should be able to get replacement parts easy.

Mine came from a manufacturing environment and it still gets up to temp in about a minute, so they must be pretty durable stuff. :awesome:

Back