My AV famicom demo / Rockman 2 playthrough

Drakon

So to celebrate yet another video quality upgrade to my AV famicom I decided to make a new playthrough video of rockman 2. My previous playthrough recording was very out of date, it still had regular mono audio and was from the time when youtube had 10 minute movie length limits. Also the video quality in the old recording wasn't as nice, not as sharp and worse colour encoding, but it's semi hard to tell over low quality youtube.

Here's some screenshots of the video going through the filtration process to make it into a proper AVI

cleanup1.jpg

cleanup2.jpg

cleanup3.jpg

And here's the video

ProgMetalMan said:
Holy clarity! Is that... PROGRESSIVE SCAN?

It's a 15$ usb s-video capture device taking the recording straight from the console (nothing in between). Then I ran the captured video through a crudload of virtualdub filters (including deinterlacing)

I could also get 60 fps by deinterlacing it a different way but it wouldn't be as sharp and youtube only does 30 fps anyway.

So to answer your question.....I have no idea if it's progressive scan :awesome:

I was talking about the picture comparisons. The left looks like it's deinterlaced poorly whilst the right looks like it was progressive scan from the source.

ProgMetalMan said:
I was talking about the picture comparisons. The left looks like it's deinterlaced poorly whilst the right looks like it was progressive scan from the source.

The left is the source and it's still interlaced. The right is deinterlaced and has a few other things filtered out. I prefer to capture the source of my videos as interlaced because it gives higher detail and you can get 60 fps if you ever want to.

Back