Music Making/Method/Program Discussion

J.D

No Stranger To Love
I'm sure there's quite a few of us who make music.

I've been playing Trombone for 5 years now. Although I have never played anything original aside from Jazz Solos, I'm looking into incorporating it in some kind of way to my ongoing electronic projects. I can also play very basic guitar (basic rhythm guitar and some bass lines) and am intending on taking piano lessons soon.

In the meanwhile, I've been messing around FL Studio for a couple years now, making electronic-esque and retro stuff. I've been making some dope remixes (mostly of video game music) that can be found here, but I dunno, I've been getting kinda tired of it so I'm postponing my remixes indefinitely to focus more on original composition, something I kinda suck at because I've never done it before. So far I've made half-decent 30 second loops, but I intend to make a 3 minute long song that is fully polished and full of win.

If you guys are looking for some VSTs for electronic music, check out Korg Legacy Collection, Claw, Morphine, ProtoPSG (for more of a retro and basic sound), and...uhh I don't know, I don't have a list of all my VSTs right now since I'm not at my computer, so I'll be sure to update this ASAP.

So what have you guys been up to in the music world and stuff?

Gonna play Kids for my school talent show with a band I'm in(If you can call it that), everyone knows that a grade school talent show makes people go crazy over any *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing thing that goes on on-stage. I'll have a keytar in my hands. Either they'll hate me or their heads will burst out of sheer awe. I've also been messing around with my synth, trying to start improving stuff is hard for me for the most part. Still don't know FL Studio well enough to make good stuff, either. I have a flaxty Squier Strat lying around my room too, which hasn't had the light of day in over a year. I just kinda gave up on learning to play. One day, I'll learn.

Back