MRCA??

I'd go. Derp, anyone here would go, really.

I don't have the required amount of cash and probably won't. S'partially why the last official talk of the next MR meeting was for MR SC.

SS

I have family in SC, I could do MRSC, but it'd be preferable to be in CA or TX considering I have two aunts in California and I live in Texas.

Also, how far away from NC do you live? 'Cause yeuh, I possibly have access to a condo in NC.

Hermaphroditus said:
I have family in SC, I could do MRSC, but it'd be preferable to be in CA or TX considering I have two aunts in California and I live in Texas.

Also, how far away from NC do you live? 'Cause yeuh, I possibly have access to a condo in NC.

Texas would be cool.

texas would be great for me my parents can drive it would take about 2 or 3 hours to get there but it's not that bad and i can also go to sc because some of my relatives live there
but a meet up would be awesome

The main problem is that 99% of you guys will not show up. :p I tried very hard to organize this last year, and I think we have about 15 "for sure" people and at least 10 "maybe" people, we were all going to meet up at ComicCon.

The problem? When push finally came to shove, and I HAD to collect a small amount of money for the hotel room (It would have been like $50 a person for all 4 days), nobody could come up with the cash, much less enough to travel out to CA. The only people who ended up going were Mario and I, both of whom live in California. :rolleyes:

Looks like there might be a few more people interested this year that could actually make it, but we need to pick a time and date, preferably centered around an event with some monetary commitment.

Any ideas on my rant? :awesome:

Once I get some money, I'm golden. I could make it. If I don't have money I may be able to mooch a thousand or so from my parents if I promise to pay back.

Only thing is, I'ma be doing around three weeks of summer courses, so if we do this, I need to know exactly when.

I'm all for a MR meet up. But finances is my biggest problem right now.

.............I also have a idea for a meet up location.

There is a convention called OMG Con in Paducah, Ky.
Reason I would suggest is that i's closer to the center of the US. But closer for SS than Texas would be. And it might make a easier meet up location for some of the people here. And I don't see OMG Con tickets nearing the same price as ComicCon tickets.

OMG Con info: http://www.omgcon.com/index.html

Just a idea, and not one necessarily for this year.

I would actually try and go to MRCA tbh, I wanna go California eventually and there isnt much better reason to go than an MR meetup :p

Unless it becomes a gathering of kids, I aint no babysitter

PalmerTech said:
The main problem is that 99% of you guys will not show up. :p I tried very hard to organize this last year, and I think we have about 15 "for sure" people and at least 10 "maybe" people, we were all going to meet up at ComicCon.

The problem? When push finally came to shove, and I HAD to collect a small amount of money for the hotel room (It would have been like $50 a person for all 4 days), nobody could come up with the cash, much less enough to travel out to CA. The only people who ended up going were Mario and I, both of whom live in California. :rolleyes:

Looks like there might be a few more people interested this year that could actually make it, but we need to pick a time and date, preferably centered around an event with some monetary commitment.

Any ideas on my rant? :awesome:

The problem with that was that people had to worry about getting tickets for Comicon and the dates weren't debatable. With a general meetup, we can just do whatever cool flax we want and pick the dates most convenient for everyone.

I would agree, but NOBODY was complaining about the timing. It was late enough in the summer that anyone who had summer classes was long done.

Nobody was saying "I would love to go, but I am too busy that week", it was all "I can totally go!", and then not having any money. You can see this pattern repeating just by reading the thread; Most of the people are lamenting their lack of funds, or are not sure if they will be able to go. Trying to pick someplace other than CA is fine, but TBH, not many people are going to show up at MRKY or MRTX (MRCA might not be all that much better, but we have quite a few high profile members here).

How about this: First week of August. Is there anyone who has a schedule conflict for 1st week of August?

People showed up to an MR CT. No one has ever heard of CT before. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter where, Heck, it barely matters when.

People just need money. I would've gone to MR NY if I had the funds at the time, and I MADE IT A POINT to get the funds for MR CT.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
People showed up to an MR CT. No one has ever heard of CT before. :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter where, Heck, it barely matters when.

People just need money. I would've gone to MR NY if I had the funds at the time, and I MADE IT A POINT to get the funds for MR CT.

SS

And I love the fact that it worked out! I think it was a huge step for this community. I really think MRCA would work.

Palmer, I have nothing going on first week of August. At this point I work Fri,Sat,Sun and have Mon-Thurs off. The only reason I wouldn't go is if it was a weekend thing or if I had a gig or a huge audition.

I work every day except for Mondays of Fridays. That schedule should be pretty constant, it has been for five months now. I should be able to make it, as long as my car doesn't asplode before then.

Back