ModRetro Sig logos

I am a professional graphics artist so if you guys want to give me a couple general ideas (or even if not) I could make some new graphics for the whole site or signatures, whatever. I almost made a topic yesterday about a new forum theme, but I didn't figure many would be interested. I would be very interested in designing a new theme - heck, I would even set it up if you mods don't want to mess with it.

Duller colors (my pick, but hey...):
modretro5.jpg

Brighter colors:
modretro6.jpg

Bryce does not like text, I had to do the brighter colors in Photoshop. Could probably be done better, but these are just mock-ups after all.

Fix'd?

modretro8.jpg

Edit: Sorry, missed your last post - even bigger font for ModRetro, eh... I'll see what I can do.

robm said:
How's this font layout?

modretro9.jpg

Like the retro Batman avatar, btw.
It's, so...large. I kinda like the long skinny ones because that in a sig = large and bulky. What I want is a modretro sig line, like in -arrow->'s signature. Like what Beta made for LOTWRDB.

eurddrue said:
It's, so...large.

Sigged.

J/K.

The great thing about these projects is that they're completely re-sizeable. Like:

modretro10.jpg

*runs to go Look at Arrow's sig for a better idea about what eurdrue is talking about*

Edit: Ah, ok, you're talking about those ultra-small, hard-to-determine-their-purpose sigs. For any kind of real graphic, none of these would be suitable - obviously.

Hmm, looks like you need to remake the whole thing to do that or it will look like our school annual :lol: Is there a way to get free adobe photoshop? I'd assume that you have to pay for it.

Nope, Photoshop isn't free, hence the GIMP revolution - which I personally can't stand, takes forever to load, and the interface is terrible.

@robm: Nope, not a white square. Look closer. ;)

Neildo_64 said:
I am a professional graphics artist so if you guys want to give me a couple general ideas (or even if not) I could make some new graphics for the whole site or signatures, whatever. I almost made a topic yesterday about a new forum theme, but I didn't figure many would be interested. I would be very interested in designing a new theme - heck, I would even set it up if you mods don't want to mess with it.

Did you see my post with the POD background? I was thinking along those lines, with a clean, sleek look to the site. If you want to make the forum theme, I would be extremely thankful. :mrgreen:

OOH, OOH, Great Idea, Great idea!!!

We should have our background be like the POD page, only have it contain pictures of portables made by our own members! It would be awesome!

lets try not to get too busy of a background. It can get quite distracting and unsightly when you try to get fancy.

bacteria said:
eurddrue said:
Hmm, looks like you need to remake the whole thing to do that or it will look like our school annual :lol: Is there a way to get free adobe photoshop? I'd assume that you have to pay for it.
I used to packages, one I know a bit about but learning about it more - Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7 and a free one you can get: PhotpFiltre - very easy to use, the free version doesn't support layers, but doesn't matter. http://photofiltre.free.fr/frames_en.htm

robm - I think this is the best one, however can the text be made "cleaner" and less jagged?
I used to use photofiltre, but now I use Gimp as its much more versatile. Not quite photoshop, but its a strong choice for something that's free.

Hmm, I'll see what I can do - trying to do the text in Photoshop so that it comes out good, but it just ends up looking crappy when I try to lay it down some.

I'll hack on it more tonight when I get home from work.

robm said:
Hmm, I'll see what I can do - trying to do the text in Photoshop so that it comes out good, but it just ends up looking crappy when I try to lay it down some.

I'll hack on it more tonight when I get home from work.
Gimme a blank chip and I'll try my hand at it.

bacteria said:
grossaffe said:
Why not photograph a chip from a board and use that?
I suppose I could do that. I do have a couple EEPROM chips hanging around. One from an SNES cart and one standard sized. See which one looks better.

edit: nah, they didn't come out very well. Too blurry.

grossaffe said:

Here you are:

modretro12.jpg

Bacteria, I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with - my camera does real good close-ups, I'll give that a shot.

bacteria said:
Gorgeous! Love it!

Admin and Mods - want to adopt it as official?? If so, how about using this one also instead of the one at the top of our forum page?? Yes/no?
I'd prefer to tweak it a bit first. If you look carefully, you'll notice a bit of green around the edges. I was having trouble with the transparency and long story short, there's green where there shouldn't be. I threw that together in just a few minutes and I should be able to get a cleaner one out if I drop a bit more time into it. But for now, I gotta go to bed. 4::3:0 in the morning over here...

robm said:
grossaffe said:

Here you are:

modretro12.jpg

Bacteria, I don't know why I didn't think of that to begin with - my camera does real good close-ups, I'll give that a shot.

I don't know why but I almost like it without any text on it. Gives it more of a Logo-e feel to it?

yes that's a made up word...

Back