Modretro forum theme.

epicelite

Frequent Poster
Someone needs to make a nice theme for modretro!

I mean something to make the forum memorable to a passer-by.

I was thinking a PCB theme, buttons can be different kinds of buttons. (tact switches etc...)
The name of each area of the forum can be a IC with text on it.

DO IT!

I fail at photoshop!

newbitmapimagegd.png

Yes, I fail.

Without the requisite change directory command.

But seriously, DOS is so outdated now that I've ran into too many people (under 15) who thinks that DOS is a hacker's tool.

Do you mean the forums, or mainpage? I'm still working on http://modretro.com, but I have a few things to do to it still, namely a better banner and motto. Also rounding dem corners.

As for a forum theme, I may make one that goes with the frontpage theme soon.

I was going to be working on a theme for the forums, I just need to figure out how first. >_>

Speaking of that, the main page logo does not match the forums logo. The main page needs a chip too, maybe a shorter one that just says ModRetro. Also, the wiki logo just sucks. Again, needs a matching logo. The current one doesn't even SAY ModRetro on it.

I know. The wiki logo is just a filler until I get a better one made. It was mostly a test.

There, made a quick mockup. Go look and give me your comments and crits, plx.
I'm already going to put a faint circuit board design in the background, and make the white transparent, so no need to mention those things.

XCVG said:
Speaking of that, the main page logo does not match the forums logo. The main page needs a chip too, maybe a shorter one that just says ModRetro. Also, the wiki logo just sucks. Again, needs a matching logo. The current one doesn't even SAY ModRetro on it.

I think they both need to be changed, really. Both suck. I'm working on a new one that can work as the mainpage banner, and also the forum banner.

Mario, do you think you could base your theme on mine once I'm done with it?

But I love the chip, chip=ModRetro. If you redo it, at least keep the same basic design. Maybe make it more realistic, more cartoony, whatever, but it has to be the ModRetro Chip.

Bibin said:
XCVG said:

I think they both need to be changed, really. Both suck. I'm working on a new one that can work as the mainpage banner, and also the forum banner.

Mario, do you think you could base your theme on mine once I'm done with it?
No problem. Is making phpbb themes all that easy?

XCVG said:
But I love the chip, chip=ModRetro. If you redo it, at least keep the same basic design. Maybe make it more realistic, more cartoony, whatever, but it has to be the ModRetro Chip.

Oh, we've got a chip. Go to http://modretro.com and imagine the new logo without the blue grain.

Back