Modernized NES Controller

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
I've finished it a while ago, finally got pictures. It's a NES controller recased into a 3rd party N64 controller, modded. It's pretty nice EXCEPT for the D-pad, which is unforgivable. That's why it's held together with tape and it's not painted. It's useless. :cry: :cry: After all that work. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Seriously though:
MNC3.JPG

It was fun to build, I'll rip it apart for parts.

That is mo-fugly. :lol:

Nice work, though. Does it actually work? If so, you have beat a lot of my controller mods.

That don't got on my n64 controller mod. Altough I sacrificed mine for my portable and ruined it :lol: At least it's working though, but next time, use a better dpad. Those things are terrible.

PalmerTech said:
That is mo-fugly. :lol:

Nice work, though. Does it actually work? If so, you have beat a lot of my controller mods.

It works, but the dpad needs an insane amount of pressure. And it would be much nicer if I finished it, but I won't bother.

eurddrue said:
That don't got on my n64 controller mod. Altough I sacrificed mine for my portable and ruined it :lol: At least it's working though, but next time, use a better dpad. Those things are terrible.

I know, I'll use a PS1 pad (non-dualshock) next time. I'll also have SNES compatibility (ie extra buttons).

I like it. You should have done it with an NES controller that has turbo, then put the to aditional buttons in the place of c-left and c-down.

Basement_Modder said:
I like it. You should have done it with an NES controller that has turbo, then put the to aditional buttons in the place of c-left and c-down.

Didn't really have a choice- just a lucky find of a cheap NES joystick.

I think I saw this on BH like last year. Good effort, better then what I can do.

Massive *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing bump, guys. I remember this- I still have it somewhere. Basically an attempt to make a NES controller nicer to use. It's unique among my projects because I actually DROPPED features instead of adding them. It was originally going to have rumble, LEDs, turbo, and possibly SNES compatibility.

I actually have a SNES controller now, but no SNES controller ports to make an adaptor. And no SNES either, but that's beside the point.

Back