Making my first Gamecube Portable (HELP NEEDED)

Element

So for a while now I've wanted to make a gamecube portable and i finally got started on it i have the motherboard and screen all wired up and running good just need a little help with the controller there isn't really any detailed guides on putting the controller in the case mainly its just the ABXY buttons i got all the others done and in the case.( due to this being my first portable and cost reasons i decided not to put in any batteries and just run it off wall power will post some pics of my on going project soon.

also for future projects i would like to get an answer to this I've broken multiple motherboards now idk what happens to them i have a 12v 4.3in screen that i run off of gamecube power supply and testing the screen and motherboard they always worked fine at first then when i would go to test them the next day the motherboard just wouldn't work and the dd laser wouldn't turn on idk if i fried some regulator or capacitor any help would be much appreciated PS all the motherboard are REV-C.

Logan.

This guide might be of some use if you're using an official controller. I realize you're looking for a way to get the buttons in this case and I don't know of any guide for that.

Well, anything can happen to a motherboard to make it stop working. Maybe your power wires are too thin, maybe some internal layer are touching (if you trimmed the board). Maybe your power supply isn't sufficient. It would help to have some detailed info on your current setup.

Blargaman91 said:
This guide might be of some use if you're using an official controller. I realize you're looking for a way to get the buttons in this case and I don't know of any guide for that.

Well, anything can happen to a motherboard to make it stop working. Maybe your power wires are too thin, maybe some internal layer are touching (if you trimmed the board). Maybe your power supply isn't sufficient. It would help to have some detailed info on your current setup.

the only board trimming i did was removing memory card slot A but i don think thats the problem cause it did the same thing on one that i didn't do any trimming to and as for the wires I'm using the same power button motherboard that came with the came cube and same connectors. and yes i am using official gamecube controllers.

Back