make a wiikey fusion

jrikard0

eche e perder la placa de me wiikey fusion y decidí hacerme una yo mismo!
plate spoil my wiikey fusion and decided to become one myself!

como primer paso es quitar los componentes
first step is to remove the components
paso1:
step one:

5h9b.jpg

vyvy.jpg

como podran ver es muy sencillo el hacer otra placa igual :tophat:
and will be able to see it is very simple to make another plate like

SALUDOS CORDIALES !!
GREETS !

yea you can make a duplicate board....
thats not a problem....

the problem is the IC does not have pin communication to reflash the firmware
you will need an original jtag upload to flash the firmware so it will communicate with GC...

thats where the current problem is....no way to currently do it

megalomaniac said:
yea you can make a duplicate board....
thats not a problem....

the problem is the IC does not have pin communication to reflash the firmware
you will need an original jtag upload to flash the firmware so it will communicate with GC...

thats where the current problem is....no way to currently do it

hello I have the original components and everything will deve into place as you go, do not understand what the problem would :confused:

the problem is this:

a blank chip does not know how to communicate with GC/WII to allow a firmware write
so the only way to flash a bl;ank chip is to have access to a compiled "jtag" loadable version of the WKF firmware
the actel is a read protected IC so there is no way to read (dump) the chip to make your own flashable firmware

simply, a solution does not currently exist so there is no way at this point in time to flash a blank chip
there might be alternatives if someone is resourceful enough...
i already have a solution to make a conversion but the cost comparison might not be worth the overall effort....
a resourceful person can figure out how to make a conversion if that person is curious enough to attempt the process

hint: WKF is not the only modchip which can communicate with GC

megalomaniac said:
the problem is this:

a blank chip does not know how to communicate with GC/WII to allow a firmware write
so the only way to flash a bl;ank chip is to have access to a compiled "jtag" loadable version of the WKF firmware
the actel is a read protected IC so there is no way to read (dump) the chip to make your own flashable firmware

simply, a solution does not currently exist so there is no way at this point in time to flash a blank chip
there might be alternatives if someone is resourceful enough...
i already have a solution to make a conversion but the cost comparison might not be worth the overall effort....
a resourceful person can figure out how to make a conversion if that person is curious enough to attempt the process

hint: WKF is not the only modchip which can communicate with GC

hello again, not where he gets that, but my chip is NOT blank, has the 1.5 firmware and wiikey fusion is official, what I'm doing is reconstructing the plate as it is very damaged
GREETINGS! / hola otra vez, no se de donde saca eso, pero mi chip NO esta en blanco, posee el firmware 1.5 de wiikey fusin y es oficial, lo que yo estoy haciendo es reconstruir la placa ya que esta muy dañada
SALUDOS !

The prospect of making a wiikey fusion would be awesome though, 'cause it'd be neat to make one that's even better, one that allows for writing to the SD card would be pretty awesome, or maybe one that reads from a laptop harddrive ala sundriver.

Replacement boards could be neat too, ones with bigger, more spaced out solder points for the drive and the SD slot to make it easier to wire stuff up.

SS

we have the info on the chip in the firmware updates don't we? I mean it's probly hidden a bit but it's there. Then use a blank chip and upload the firmware.... sounds just a bit too simple.... I'll mess around with the 1.5 update in GCtool see if I can find a .hex file in there (would be the raw image which would be written to the WKF) the only other thing would be figuring out which chip is on the board (probly figured out already but I haven't seen anything in any of the treads I've browsed in my non registered lurking time lol)

hello all I would like to clarify that the chip is not blank, thanks

although it would be a good idea to see how they could write in because this chip I've seen on other devices.

GREETINGS!

jrikard0 said:
hello all I would like to clarify that the chip is not blank, thanks

although it would be a good idea to see how they could write in because this chip I've seen on other devices.

GREETINGS!

Yes I understand you are using the wiikey chip but I was discussing the possibility of actually making a wiikey from scratch if we knew the chip type/model it might be possible

after doing some research I found tons of datasheets and stuff on the actel chip and I think I can get it to a point where it will be flashable without the wiikey having anything to do with it in short it may be completely possible to make a wiikey

when you do finally make this can i trade you my wiikey for one of yours? i like the concept of you being able to solder to pads so you don't screw up any ribbon cables.

Rohan Loomis said:
when you do finally make this can i trade you my wiikey for one of yours? i like the concept of you being able to solder to pads so you don't screw up any ribbon cables.

Hi, there are 2 problems

1) I have only one
2) I live in mexico

but am willing to give my progress nonprofit.

https://mega.co.nz/#!VBZ2VLZK!D-OgIUQ69rjElb8yZ4w7xm8bctB4RDmetCtPFi-QTg4
https://mega.co.nz/#!NN4xGBKA!PNzKJhY5doNych8t64wF_kIX74whEjHHOSgjvd1I5Ps
https://mega.co.nz/#!1FpVnKDQ!WUl6ymj33X6uBRrb-TOsgTVCeuIF654g_8cZcfTEexQ
:tophat:
if you are interested, let me know
GREETS!

Back