Looking for an LCD screen (around 5.6") with RCA input

rizz768

I've been wanting to build a Gamecube handheld for years now, but came to the conclusion that the biggest reason I want one is so I can play the games on a smaller screen for improved graphics. I realized I could save a lot of time and just find a small 4::3: LCD screen with the proper inputs. Do these exist?

I've searched around and I've found a couple LCD's that seem to be something that could work, but the prices are ridiculous (around $200) has anyone here owned or seen something like this for a fair price?

If I don't have many options, I would definitely still be interested in making the handheld, I've been stocking up on gamecubes for just over a year now, so I have a lot of parts and room for mistakes, but am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff, I can solder fairly well, however. Is there any step-by-step beginner proof tutorials out there, maybe one with an included video on how to do the wiring? I've read a few and it pretty much went way over my head. :oops:

My main concern about these TFT LCD's is the power cord they come with, they seem to be setup to be installed in a car with no wall plug on one side, would I be able to buy an appropriate power adapter that could work for them?

Thanks for the reply :)

See how they have yellow, white, and red jacks? Well, the TFT's are intended for car purposes and don't actually have sound. So, yellow is video input 1, white (instead of left audio) is video input 2, and red is power in. As long as you supply around 12V (and I've heard that they'll work with any range of voltages that you would use for a Gamecube) into where its power jack is, it'll work.

Alright, so after a few days of searching for hours, I finally found something for a 'decent' price. (it's definitely rare to find small TFT LCD's with a 4::3: aspect ratio with available inputs) it's bigger than I was shooting for, but this will do. I'm a little concerned about quality and how long it will last with proper care taken.

Maybe I'll post a couple pictures of it fired up on a Gamecube when it gets here. :)

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Portable-8-T ... 0734380670

Looking for an LCD screen (around 5.6") with RCA input

Are you still looking for a 5.6" TFT LCD? Cuz I have one for sale/trade if you are interested.

Back