Lines in MGB Screen

bud

DAT ASS
Backlit one of my MGBs today. When I turned it on there is a 1 or 2 mm black line through the center of the screen. I checked the ribbon cables, and nothing looks damaged. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this?

I think either the ribbon cable is not tight enough or it is being pinched somewheres. This happened to my PSP but after messing around with the ribbons for about 2 hours I got it fixed.

I've had DMGs do this. I run a 20/25W soldering iron gently over the whole ribbon cable while it's on, and the lines go away. Use a very light touch, and don't leave the iron in one spot very long.

Tibia said:
I've had DMGs do this. I run a 20/25W soldering iron gently over the whole ribbon cable while it's on, and the lines go away. Use a very light touch, and don't leave the iron in one spot very long.

That actually works to get rid of the lines?

Tibia, no. Just no.
Bud, it IS possible to do that trick with a MGB but the processor that connects all the ribbon cables for the lcd fries VERY easily on a MGB. The DMG is was easier to do this trick with. You have nothing to lose I suppose but be extremely careful. I personally have never been able to fix lines on a MGB because of how touchy it is, but have repaired tons of DMGs. Just be careful.

EDIT:
Colt, not possible on a GBA.

Ishmael1010 said:
Tibia, no. Just no.
Bud, it IS possible to do that trick with a MGB but the processor that connects all the ribbon cables for the lcd fries VERY easily on a MGB. The DMG is was easier to do this trick with. You have nothing to lose I suppose but be extremely careful. I personally have never been able to fix lines on a MGB because of how touchy it is, but have repaired tons of DMGs. Just be careful.

EDIT:
Colt, not possible on a GBA.

OK thank you for telling me before I started this project.

Back