Legitimate website to purchase Wiikey clone?

Hello there! I am planning on building my first portable very soon, and I am going to be creating a portable Gamecube! I am going to replace the disk drive with an SD Card reader for homebrew/games like many GC portables. I want to use a wiikey, as they seem to be the cheapest chip. The official wiikey fusion is not being produced anymore, and there is a replacement called wiikey 3. I have found a website to purchase a wiikey clone / 3 for a decent price. It is here:

http://www.depot4u.com/wiikey-fusion-wiikey3-p-17183.html

Is this a trustworthy website? If not, or if there is a better website to purchase a wiikey clone from? Thanks, I would love to find a good priced wiikey. :awesomemario:

Wiikey 3? Odd, I've never heard of it. I think a lot of people forgot about the Wiikey after the Wasp came about. If you can, go with a Wasp modchip instead of the Wiikey Fusion; it's smaller and doesn't really have "clones" (I think).
Once he restocks, you can buy a Wasp from megalomaniac on his website, which has a lot of credibility: http://www.badassconsoles.com/megadrive/.

Blargaman91 said:
Wiikey 3? Odd, I've never heard of it. I think a lot of people forgot about the Wiikey after the Wasp came about. If you can, go with a Wasp modchip instead of the Wiikey Fusion; it's smaller and doesn't really have "clones" (I think).
Once he restocks, you can buy a Wasp from megalomaniac on his website, which has a lot of credibility: http://www.badassconsoles.com/megadrive/.

Okay, Thanks! That is a very decent price for a drive replacement. Does the wasp also come with ribbon cables and an sd slot like the wiikey as well? I am sure it does, buy I would like to check.

Also, is a MEGA drive adapter required to have the wasp function? It seems quite expensive for buy an additional small pcb board just for an easy connection.

CheapGSean said:
Does the wasp also come with ribbon cables and an sd slot like the wiikey as well?
Yes, the Wasp from that site comes with all its peripherals, the SD ribbon cable, SD slot, and 32-pin drive ribbon cable. It also comes stocked with Swiss firmware, which makes game loading seamless and a lot easier.

CheapGSean said:
is a MEGA drive adapter required to have the wasp function?
No, the MEGA drive isn't really necessary to have the modhchip function, but without it you would still need some method of connection to the GameCube. To be honest, soldering the modchip directly to the GameCube without experience is not easy. I think it would be best to use some sort of adapter if you have not ever tried the direct wiring before.
The several versions of the MEGA drive offer really effortless connectivity, some more suited for making a home console than a portable. Other sorts of adapters that take more work do exist: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6003.
Look under "Making the connections between the systems" near the bottom of the post.
Listed there is also one method of direct wiring, by wiring to the ribbon cable, which is, again, difficult.

Depending on how big your portable will be using certain adapters may not be feasible. I bet you could even commission someone around here to directly wire the modchip and save space for you if that's someone you would want.

Blargaman91 said:
Yes, the Wasp from that site comes with all its peripherals, the SD ribbon cable, SD slot, and 32-pin drive ribbon cable. It also comes stocked with Swiss firmware, which makes game loading seamless and a lot easier.
Okay, Thanks! Sounds awesome.
Blargaman91 said:
No, the MEGA drive isn't really necessary to have the modhchip function, but without it you would still need some method of connection to the GameCube. To be honest, soldering the modchip directly to the GameCube without experience is not easy. I think it would be best to use some sort of adapter if you have not ever tried the direct wiring before.
Okay, I do have some fairly decent soldering skills, however I will consider the megadrive. Thank you for your help!

Back