L and R Button Help

zack

Doing some controller modding and I'm running into some issues regarding the L and R buttons. I may or may not end up having support for the analog POT function, and for now I am wanting to test it with just the button click, meaning no analog whatsoever. Problem is, some games require the POT to work properly. For example, crouching in wind waker doesn't seem to work when I simply press the R button without the analog being pressed down first.
Is there a simple fix for this, or is making a portable with only one button for L and R (unless you did this viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8383), just impossible?

Well, no, it's not really possible to make a portable with just the L and R click button. Most games require the analog to be enabled in some way because the "full analog press" and "button click" are two totally different buttons. Some games require just the pot, some require just the click, and some require both at the same time. I wouldn't imagine there's any way to alter the in-game controls. So having just one button with the transistor puts you at a disadvantage since you can't press just the pot, either. You can still use the transistor, though, it'll work.

Double tact switch is your best option.
Just search for Ashen's worklogs, I'm pretty sure he used the method on the Fusion Micro and the Revolution.

You will want to do it like zenloc did with the single button if you only want a single button press. Although what public pervert said is better because you get the ability to run and spray in Mario sunshine. Like in this pic I got from his thread.

20111014222212.jpg

Alright, I guess my only option is to rig up some kind of double switch like that. I really was trying to avoid making handmade switches but it looks like I don't have a choice.

Re:

DuHasst0 said:
That one pictured isn't dual is a single
Ah. I misread that. Ok yeah, so I'll probably end up using this method, having the analog and digital switches combined. I will have the option to plug in an external controller for player 1, so if the internal controls cause in-game issues, there's always that.

Back