Issue with Wasp/Swiss/wiring?

(Camera is at brothers, can get pics in a few hours/day or two)

I have an ntsc-j gamecube, which has been "switched" to ntsc-u, wired up with a megadrive v6.(lid jumpered, p29 to ground) When loading swiss from the wasp, it loads into the select menu, (disc/sdgecko/ect) instead of the file wiikey sd file browser, and when I select wkf/wasp it shows
init-wiikey and the blue led flashes 2 times, then returns to the select menu.

The v6 shows everything has continuity where needed, and nothing bridged that shouldn't be, however I am able to load from sd gecko, and even flashed to a newer rev from there, which makes me think the wiring is good.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: forgot to add, the sd card is a samsung 32gb class10 sdhc, however it worked on this same wasp when it was on the wii, so I didn't think it was an issue.

Maybe try a different SD card, I have a Lexar Micro-SDHC 16gb that worked before on my wasp and now it doesn't.

if you can boot into swiss that should eliminate your connectivity from mainboard to V6...
since you are not stuck on "wkf init" i also assume you have a recent version of swiss...r325 or r326....

when you mentioned about loading from SD Gecko, was it this particular card or a different one you used in SDGecko?

have you tested the card by loading it all the way full to ensure there are no bad areas?

since you are being kicked out to the main menu you should have seen a message also...what message pops up on screen?

@Lego
Yeah, it does seem like an sd issue, although it recognizes it enough to load swiss.
I don't currently have another sd card, but I will be going to the store soon, any brand/size/speed I should avoid/look for?

@Mega
1: It's the same sd as the one I loaded into swiss with, that is giving a problem.
2: I loaded it with 32gb of iso's, it wrote all, and sd gecko loaded all, so it seems working to me.
3: No message, just this. Notice the LED, it flashed twice then back to select menu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq8H01KdPKA&feature=youtu.be) Sorry for shakiness, couldn't fit a tripod in this area.

So I just tested 2 other sd cards, both had the same issue.
An 8gb and 16gb class 4 sandisk. Also tried with a wii, which had same led blinking issue.

The issue is seeming to be the wasp/sd card slot, is there anything I should try before getting another?

Mahjarratian said:
So I just tested 2 other sd cards, both had the same issue.
An 8gb and 16gb class 4 sandisk. Also tried with a wii, which had same led blinking issue.

The issue is seeming to be the wasp/sd card slot, is there anything I should try before getting another?

well bentomo did make a board that you could use micro SD cards with here http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewto ... =26&t=2927

but most likely it's your FFC which is easier to replace

I have checked the ffc, nothing was broken. Had continuity on all the pins, but I'm thinking of buying a new wasp altogether.

Back