Is this possible?

βeta

ModRetro Legend
Can an incorrectly wired N64 fry the power brick, which then fries every N64 you plug it into henceforth?

Because my normal console N64 LED doesn't even come on anymore, and I haven't done anything to it.

i dont think so. i think if you managed to fry the power brick, it just wouldnt run anything. it would have to fail quite spectacularly to fry every console plugged in henceforth. it would have to be putting put the incorrect voltage or something.

Yeah, it's just the power bricks. I found a 3rd one I didn't know I had. Turns out only the other two were fried. Oh well.

Did you try re-setting the power brick? Just unplug it from the n64 and the wall for about a minute or two and then plug it back in. Works for me.

samjc3 said:
i dont think so. i think if you managed to fry the power brick, it just wouldnt run anything. it would have to fail quite spectacularly to fry every console plugged in henceforth. it would have to be putting put the incorrect voltage or something.

+1

Yeah, they're not outputting anything. It's one of two boards that screwed them, I think. I'll just not use those anymore.

Back