iPad for MacBook, Should I trade?

BoFoSho

Frequent Poster
I got an offer to trade my iPad 32gb for a MacBook pro.
Specs of macbook :
15", 2.16ghz C2D, 3GB RAM, 320GB hard drive, has all cables, adapters(dvi to vga and dvi to tv) and original box. The cd drive doesn't work and the battery doesn't hold much of a charge. I'll include a fresh install of Snow Leopard, Adobe CS4 Master Collection and a sleeve.

Should I do the trade?

:confused: Compare prices first. If you can sell your iPad for more than that Macbook is worth, do that instead. I wouldn't be too happy with that laptop. I'm biased against Apple, but still.

It has CS4 installed. That costs a lot unless you get it pirated. IT IS WORTH IT ENOUGH TO GET IT JUST FOR CS4.

No.

Mako it's pirated CS4 I gaurentee it.

Listen.

That's a first-generation macbook pro. Core Duo, not Core 2 Duo.

32-bit only, prone to overheating, very low quality trackpad, and poor screen brightness and resolution.

It's worth about 500 at best.

Bibin said:
No.

Mako it's pirated CS4 I gaurentee it.

Listen.

That's a first-generation macbook pro. Core Duo, not Core 2 Duo.

32-bit only, prone to overheating, very low quality trackpad, and poor screen brightness and resolution.

It's worth about 500 at best.
Bibin is our resident apple genius worker, do what he says.

zeturi said:
Trade it. Would you rather have a decent laptop or a large ipod touch?

If by "decent" you mean, "eh, it's alright", iPad. I think your decision has been made, Bo :awesome:

All in favour of trade?

Aye.

I'm not an apple fan, but in any case I would rather have the macbook.

If it overheats, buy a small fan. Or a workstation cooling thing. A cheap one. Still worth it.

Antome said:
If it overheats, buy a small fan. Or a workstation cooling thing. A cheap one. Still worth it.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid baka baka baka

That's not a solution, that's a cheap workaround. ~75 degrees celcius isn't healthy.

IF you don't want the iPad so hard it's easier to just wait for a better deal to come up for the price of a better Macbook Pro. I keep watch on eBay daily for this kind of thing, so I'll post when something nice comes along.

Back