Input switching

Edit: I made it a little easier to understand!

How can I use one switch to switch the input video from N64 to External input (PS1 screen is the screen I'm using), The built in n64 off, controller power on, and the sound from the n64 to external input? IF POSSIBLE, ONE SWITCH!!! I already know what the input is from, I'll worry about that. THIS IS IN A PORTABLE I AM SOON GOING TO MAKE! If I have to have two switches, one for main power and one for the N64, i don't care!As long as i don't have more than 1 or 2 switches for this i don't care!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How can I use one switch to switch the input video from N64 to External(PS1 screen is the screen I'm using), The built in n64p off, controller power on, and the sound to external? ONE SWITCH!!! I already know what the input is from, I'll worry about that. THIS IS IN A PORTABLE I AM SOON GOING TO MAKE!

To me, that was very hard to read/understand... but from my understanding you want 4 different things to change with one switch. I don't see how thats possible, you could hook it up to do that with a DPDT switch, but then you would't have a POWER on/off switch, so your console could never turn off.(unless it runs out of juice of course)

well, have rca inputs that connect with the composite and audio lines on the n64 and wire it like normal. make sure to have a n64 on and main on switch so the n64 can be off while the screen can be on.

I think you can just connect the audio and video lines and switch the power, but I'm not sure.

Back