Infuriating audio issues

Kanelot

Ok, first time wiring up speakers, so I'm just so confused.

I'm trying to hook up speakers from an iPod/iPhone case much like the iLuv speaker case. These two speakers are pretty good quality, and are hooked up to an amplifier.

I hooked up the left and right audio channels from the gamecube to a volume knob from an old headphone extension cable I had, and then wired those left and right audio wires to the amp. I then hooked up the amp to the GC motherboard @ 3.3 volts (the case originally hooked up the amp to 2 AA batteries which pushed 3V) and connected the amps ground to the motherboards ground.

My result is that everything works, however I get sound distortion at some times when audio gets loud- even when I turn down the volume with the potentiometer/volume wheel those segments still have distortion! I tried hooking up the amp to 1.9v, maybe a little less distortion, but the distortion is still noticeable. I have no idea what's causing it: theories people have tole me were that the GC l/r data lines were Line out audio which was different then the iPod audio the speakers are supposed to take. I've heard that maybe the amperage is wrong or the impedance, and I just have no idea.

Anybody here hooked up audio before and can explain some of this stuff? I'm just so lost.

http://imgur.com/9Uiur4R

Back