in need of processor.

Joeyjoe9876

Frequent Poster
i'm in need of a new processor for my laptop, my current one runs at 1.9Ghz and sucks :dah:
i have a s1g2 socket i believe. any good recommendations? got a spending limit of about 50$

You can replace the processors on a laptop?

If so, I should get a 3ghz processor for my laptop.

Joeyjoe9876 said:
J.D said:
You can replace the processors on a laptop?

If so, I should get a 3ghz processor for my laptop.

yup, you just need a BIOS upgrade, if needed
dont get the idea that all laptops have upgradeable processors. some do, some dont. check your datasheets

Also I think someone here was selling a Pentium 4, but those things are so old and outdated.

Only some laptop processors are upgradeable. Make sure yours actually is before you go jumping into anything.

J.D, a 3 GHz processor in a laptop is probably a terrible idea. You'd overheat that thing in an instant if you tried to do anything with it. Laptops are not famous for their cooling capabilities.

just to be sure, i contacted HP and they told me i could only upgrade my graphics card and RAM.
so if anyone has a graphics card better than the one on a Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR that would be nice :dah:

Twilight Wolf said:
Bibin said:
In this thread: I choose to make everyone look stupid and refrain from offering helpful insight!

Hurr

In this thread: Don't post things as facts that aren't known facts or at least educated theories

It's not making anyone look stupid for the sake of making anyone look stupid, it's for the sake of getting people not to make things up with nothing backing them up :hand:

Joeyjoe9876 said:
just to be sure, i contacted HP and they told me i could only upgrade my graphics card and RAM.
so if anyone has a graphics card better than the one on a Compaq Presario CQ50-215NR that would be nice :dah:
The processor may still be upgradable. Just because they said it isn't doesn't mean that you can't do anything with it. See if a google search yields you any results of people upgrading their CPUs.

i saw some people that upgraded some of the processors on the Presario CQ50 series, but no documentation on my specific model :/

Back