I want a PS2 Portable

Status
Not open for further replies.
aceboy44 said:
2 People so far informed me that there is NO BATTERY for this case, so my question is: "How do you plan on installing that 9800 mah battery on this case? And how long will the batteries last? Also, can you 100% guarentee me that if you use a slim PS2 my games wont freeze if played for 1+ hours or not?"

1. I am not using that case. I said it would be a black case with a similar layout. I plan on installing batteries like I always do. Lithium Polymer inside the case with a protection circuit. Charger jack on the side. If I commission a portable it will work perfectly for as long as the battery lasts.

mako321 said:
my led mod looks perfect :dah:

I'm sure it does. But it will never look as good as the original nor have the contrast of the original or have the even lighting of the original. It simply won't because of the way the led's shine out. They leave brighter/darker areas. the original bulb lights the lcd evenly. That's why i stick with the original.

Maybe a LED strip light would be better but I haven't tried one.

It is as hailrazer says. The original backlight is and will always be the best backlighting option for a PsOne screen. I have tried many different led backlight options (4,6,8,10 leds) but the original backlight is always the best uniformed.

But the contrast and brightness of my 4x 20,000mcd led mod in comparison to the original backlight is good enough for me. I have put both screens together original and led and the difference is just too small. The corners beeing a little brighter is not even noticable.

If you prefer led mod with less amp draw over slightly better lighting with more amp draw then by all mean don't led mod it. It all comes down to preference.

Also to aceboy. If any of us make a portable it will be a fully functioning gameconsole which will last you the same as it originally did.
Ofcourse the battery's need to be replaced once there used up.

I just like hailrazer think that quality is very important. Everybody can build a crappy portable but making one as sleek and professional as possilble is the challange. Low price crappy portable, high price professional portable. It's as simple as that.

zenloc said:
Also to aceboy. If any of us make a portable it will be a fully functioning gameconsole which will last you the same as it originally did.

Sorry guys not paying $830 + overseas shipping (from NY - my country) + local customs ($830 so they will charge me a high price) for something that will last me for only couple of months "will last you the same as it originally did."

Sorry guys, the PS2 slim sucked real hard + the original PS2 (as I previously mentioned + had 2 quantities) never either of them lasted with me for a year. Nintendo consoles are durable but Sony consoles either explode in my face, or don't last for over 1 year.

When I want another portable I will let you guys know.

aceboy44 said:
Nintendo consoles are durable but Sony consoles either explode in my face, or don't last for over 1 year.
i dunno whats wrong with yours. i have personally violently defaced several sony products and they still work. i have several psone's that sit around in piles of circuit boards and stuff and they all stiill work fine. i also have a ps2 slim that i ran with a few ram heatsinks and no fan for about an hour (playing jak 3, of course) before it overheated. so, you are clearly jinxed, and are inherently *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ed, whatever you buy, so you might as well not get anything. ;) :awesome:

Hailrazer is a top-notch portablizer, just look at his sig. His cases are built like a rock and the guts are well organized. If you don't want a portable that is gauranteed by him to work for as long as the batteries will last, then you probably won't be happy with any portable from anybody.

So far you wanted a custom-built PC and gave up on it, then a PS2 portable within three days and don't want that. Please, if you want something done, commission an experienced member and explicitly explain what you want in your portable (or project), and let them make the thing. I guarantee that if you pay an experienced member what they ask and are willing to communicate like an adult, you will be happy with what you get. Your portable will not explode in your hands (unless you specifically ask for that feature :lol: ), and you will get what you pay for.

It appears to be that I'm not the only one having issues with the PS2 consoles. One reviewer even said that his PS2 broke after using it for 2 weeks, yet he gave it 4 stars :eek:

He also said "I'm not saying that every PS2 is going to up and die on you, but I think all consumers should be aware that the PS2 has reliability issues" and you expect me to pay $830+ for that piece of crap technology? Do I look like an idiot to you? Hailraiser did not 100% guarentee me that my portable will last for 3+ years like my nintendo gaming consoles such as the N64 (purchased 1997)....

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation- ... 913&sr=8-4

+

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/481400

And finally, my main reason for wanting to avoid the PS2 is:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation- ... addOneStar

aceboy44 said:
you expect me to pay $830+ for that piece of crap technology? Do I look like an idiot to you?

1. You were the one who wanted to commission a PS2 portable. If you think the PS2 has reliability issues, that is the fault of Sony, not Hailrazer. If you are so scared that it will break, why invest any money into a PS2p at all?

2. Yes.

Close! PalmerTech is right! I should do more research on gaming console quality and their durability prior to posting requests. I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused guys.

LOL. I am not EVER going to try to convince someone to buy a portable that they obviously have a problem with. :p

And no I can't guarantee a portable will last 3 years. Lasers burn out , electronics stop working. But it "should" last a few years as long as the buyer doesn't do anything bad to it.

But really I wouldn't build one for you now if you asked me to. Not with the attitude displayed. i would be asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

Joeyjoe9876 said:
or did he ;)
Yes, he did.
Just to tell you, all consoles have some defects in them and you can't predict when you will get those. Even though you may be the unlucky one, you can't brand that entire company as bad.(although you can't convince Wharf that the Romulans aren't all bad either)(even though they are bad)

hailrazer said:
LOL. I am not EVER going to try to convince someone to buy a portable that they obviously have a problem with. :p

And no I can't guarantee a portable will last 3 years. Lasers burn out , electronics stop working. But it "should" last a few years as long as the buyer doesn't do anything bad to it.

But really I wouldn't build one for you now if you asked me to. Not with the attitude displayed. i would be asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

Eh, put your self in the consumer shoes, seller asks you for $830 excluding international shipping, wouldn't you require some kind of insurance?

aceboy44 said:
Eh, put your self in the consumer shoes, seller asks you for $830 excluding international shipping, wouldn't you require some kind of insurance?

You won't get insurance for any portable made by anyone for any amount. Go buy a used car from your neighbor and ask for a 3 year warranty and see what happens. Buy a $1000 refrigerator from a yard sale and try to get a 3 year warranty. :rolleyes:

It's used equipment and a risk is involved. That's the way it is.

hailrazer said:
It's used equipment and a risk is involved. I am not EVER going to try to convince someone to buy a portable that they obviously have a problem with.

hailrazer said:
But really I wouldn't build one for you now if you asked me to. Not with the attitude displayed. i would be asking for trouble.

aceboy44 said:
You expect me to pay $830+ for that piece of crap technology? Do I look like an idiot to you?

aceboy44 said:
I should do more research on gaming console quality and their durability prior to posting requests.

Quotes for truth.

Oh, also: locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back