I can play TF2 now. whoo

bud

DAT ASS
I just found out my dad's computer is plenty fast enough to play Team Fortress 2. (who knew?)

WHOO!

Now why should I play it? I need some details on it like general gameplay stuff and like that.

Also what else should I play?

TF2 is about the best online first person shooter i think.

If you don't know about the actual gameplay, basically there's red and blue, and they hate eachother. So there's all these maps and plenty of user created ones, and you play games like payload, where the goal is to push a bomb on a cart to the end of the course within the time limit while the other color tries to stop you, capture point where there's points that you capture by killing the other color off and staying there without them long enough, and king of the hill, etc. etc.

There's a ton of awesome classes and you can find new weapons by doing awesome stuff or playing the class enough and good enough, or if you have a ton of extras of weapons you can combine them using crafting to build new weapons.

Of course you have engy who can build sentries, teleporters and dispensers, pyro with the flamethrower and the flare gun, demoman with a grenade launcher and the sticky gun, sniper who, well, snipes and throws jars of piss, spy who penetrates defenses and stabs people, scout who if devilish fast and can jump really high, heavy with the minigun and super slow running, medic who heals others and uses his syringe gun, ad scotch tape the wires (better than solder imo) who shoots rockets at people and stuff.

It's a really awesome game and I'm certain 999/1000 people here will tell you to get it.

Oh I'm fo sho getting it. I just don't want to be completely lost when I do.

Anybody else?

you get the hang of it real fast, trust me. It's simple gameplay and the learning curve isn't bad, but it takes real skill to be good at it.

Simple, mouse1 for shoot, on some guns mouse2 is for secondary shoot like airblast on pyro. hit e to call for a medic, hit y to type a chat message, u for a teamchat message that only your team can see. spacebar for jump, control for duck. Hit q to switch to your last weapon automatically or use the scrollwheel on your mouse to switch between weapons.

Well there's some extra keys you can use to say stuff, preset stuff, yknow.

But lots of stuff is automated, you stand by the cart, it heals you and moves forward, you stand at the capture point, it starts capturing, you tun through the intel briefcase and you pick it up, stand by the dispenser it heals you, etc.

snowpenguin said:
...shooter, I think.
snowpenguin said:
basically, there's...
snowpenguin said:
So, there's...
snowpenguin said:
...maps as well as plenty...
snowpenguin said:
...capture point, where...
snowpenguin said:
...there are points...

snowpenguin said:
...and well enough...
snowpenguin said:
...ton of extra weapons

snowpenguin said:
Of course,
snowpenguin said:
...you have the engy...
snowpenguin said:
the pyro...
snowpenguin said:
the demoman...
snowpenguin said:
the sniper...
snowpenguin said:
the spy...
snowpenguin said:
the scout...
snowpenguin said:
...who is devilishly...
snowpenguin said:
the heavy...
snowpenguin said:
the medic...
snowpenguin said:
...and the scotch tape the wires (better than solder imo)...

snowpenguin said:
...game, and...

Also, we only have 694 members.

AfroLH said:
thesniper...

:dah:

Calm the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* down, that's a lot better than my chat standards. The meaning is clearly obvious, you understand everything completely, who the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* cares if I forgot a few commas and accidentally typed ad instead of and. Seriously, NOGRAMMARSPELLINGFAG

successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Back