How much do you use your portables?

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
I'm really curious about this. How much do you play and take around your homemade portables? If you want, you can tell us how much you take around similar devices (ie commercial handhelds), for comparison purposes.

I never bring YAP64 anywhere, and pretty much only play it to show people. It's big, heavy, and the batteries seem to die on their own. It's not really practical, especially since the power adaptor is too weak to play.

As for other devices? My cell phone goes everywhere with me. It's just a cheapy, takes pictures, makes calls, has crap games, and seems to be able to be used as a ghetto MP3 player as well. I used to take my DS everywhere and play or at least listen to music on it for every trip, but not so much anymore. I was mostly using it for an MP3 player, and I have one now. The DS has a REALLY weak amp, but my MP3 player can easily get loud enough to drown out background noise and make my ears hurt. Now I take my MP3 player (Sansa Fuze 4GB) to a lot of places.

IF I had a home made portable, I would probably rarely play it. Probably the only home made portable I would play often is a really nicely made Game Cube portable.

I actually play my N64 portable (the Retro64, the Sprocket64 sold) quite a bit. Usually on car trips, but also sometimes when I don't feel like going downstairs to play N64. I don't usually take it to public places only because it's big, but then I would just take Stella.

To compare, I always have my cell phone and all it does is calls and texting.

I don't play the Elephant(poop)64 very much. But I imagine I will play my second portable much more since it'll be small, light, and comfortable.

phone, always on me, (cookie LG)
ipod, all time to school, not anymore ethough since i finished ages ago, but still a fair bit, well all the time i go out haha
portable game consoles, long trips and holidays, (cant wait for teh xbox sp ;] ) etc, only have gba, gbasp and dads ds, dont reli bother much, i have my xbox-360-gamecube at home to enjoy =D portables dont really warrant a use with me =/

I usually only take my phone with me... All I can do with it is make calls and text. :/

I REALLY want an Evo 4G, because I could do a TON more and not have to worry about being bored, but I'm poor. ;_;

If I made a portable, whether I'd play it often or not depends on how well-made it is, battery life (or lack thereof), and comfort of use. A good Saturn laptop would get played all the time, probably.

Well, it depends. I've built a bunch a bunch of different ways, and the ones that I was very happy with I played very often. My 4th, 5th and 6th n64p's receive a lot of play, and the TSF has too. My first two gamecube portables also were played a lot, probably the first more than the second.

SS

I play mine all the time.

really though, If I ever finish a portable, I will probably play it alot, since I need stuff to do in math.

In contrast, I think I have a cell phone.

J.D said:
IF I had a home made portable, I would probably rarely play it.
This a million times over.

As for store-bought portables (DS, GBA, etc.), 99% of my gaming is done on them. DS is the best system of this gen and in the top 5 ever, easily. And the 3DS is going to own my soul, so I don't see my gaming preferences changing anytime soon.

Jewjo said:
J.D said:

As for store-bought portables (DS, GBA, etc.), 99% of my gaming is done on them. DS is the best system of this gen and in the top 5 ever, easily. And the 3DS is going to own my soul, so I don't see my gaming preferences changing anytime soon.
:stare:

mako321 said:
Jewjo said:
J.D said:

:stare:
I almost posted the disclaimer that I'm not a member of the PC gaming master race and don't include it in my system rankings. If you're implying that there is a system this gen with a better library of games though, I'd be interested in hearing your case. I don't want to start an "olol sistum warz :dahroll: " though.

Back