Help with this 7" screen needed, can't switch to AV channel!

weedenfeed

Hey all. I got this screen at a thrift shop for $4 and would love to use it for something, but i'm running into a bit of an issue.

First, a little about the screen. It's a 7" LCD by a brand named ClearTunes. I found that this TV brand is from a company called Union Supply Company based in California. Beyond that, I really can't find much more info about the screen or what it was used for. I do know the TV has an RF unit, and has a built in tuner to pick up on-air TV broadcasts. You can switch it from On-Air to Cable as well. I was able to pick up a couple channels in my area without an antenna even, which is pretty cool. The unit runs on 7.4V. On the side of the unit, there is an AC jack, headphone jack, and an AV input jack. This brings me to my problem...

I put my AV cord into the AV In jack but i'm unable to get anything to show up. My guess is that you have to switch the screen to an AV channel, however, it does not sense this automatically, and there is no way to do this on the TV itself. I see that there is an IR sensor on the front, so it must have had a remote at one time which you could switch to an AV channel. Without being able to get to that AV channel, i won't be able to use this screen to hook anything up to it.

That said, this is a great screen and looks awesome, so to all you modding geniuses out there, is there any way to bypass the programming and hook an AV signal directly to the LCD without having to switch to an AV channel? I can post internal pics once i figure out how to get the Dang thing open, if anyone wants to see them.

Thanks in advance!

screenfront.jpg

screenback.jpg

screen1.jpg

Re: Help with this 7" screen needed, can't switch to AV chan

Its probably your AV cable, there are several different pinouts.

Back