Help me find a TV!

J.D

No Stranger To Love
Well, I have like 10+ game consoles in my room, but my TV only has two component inputs and RF input.

Is there a TV with at least 4 component inputs, 1 RGB input, 1 S-Video input, 1 RF input, and 2 HDMI inputs? That costs less then $1000? If not, is there a TV that has the same features but minus the two HDMI inputs?

Where the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* did you get $1000.

Also, just buy/build a switchbox for the component flax.

The main TV in my house is a Toshiba 46" LCD. It satisfies most of those requirements, except no RGB (does have VGA though) and only 2 component inputs. There are smaller, cheaper models with mostly the same set of inputs. Get off your lazy ass and do some research.

Jesus *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing christ, all I asked for was your guy's input. No need to be an ass about it Chris.

46" is a tad to big, I'm looking for something more like 30".

J.D said:
Jesus Linking christ, all I asked for was your guy's input. No need to be an ass about it Chris.

46" is a tad to big, I'm looking for something more like 30".
You can get a nice 32" TV in the range of $400. Then you can spend money on getting input switches to fit all your consoles.

I recently bought a 32" Vizio VO320e for $360. Its got 2 HDMI, two A/V (one with S-video), a VGA, and a Component. You can use some of that extra money on a nice input switch, maybe one that has a remote so you don't have to get up.

I forgot, there's an old TV (from like 2004) at my dad's house that has 3 component inputs, 1 RF input, 1 RGB input, and 1 S-Video input. Good for retro gaming, but I want to hook up my Wii via HDMI, and if I end up getting a PS3 I want to do the same.

grossaffe, maybe I'll look into getting that TV. Sounds pretty good.

Are there any chances that there is some kind of converter that converts RGB to VGA?

Lawl, Wii has no HDMI output.

The Vizio gross mentioned has fantastic picture quality, even on older games. I had a big problem with quality control, though, so beware.

I didn't think the speakers sounded bad - although the speakers are what I had the most problem with, the second Vizio I got, which had the dead pixels but properly-working speakers, sounded awesome. Not like a good surround sound setup or anything, but for stereo TV speakers in my bedroom, perfectly good. If you can get one with a good screen and properly-working speakers, you've got a very good TV.

Twilight Wolf said:
I didn't think the speakers sounded bad - although the speakers are what I had the most problem with, the second Vizio I got, which had the dead pixels but properly-working speakers, sounded awesome. Not like a good surround sound setup or anything, but for stereo TV speakers in my bedroom, perfectly good. If you can get one with a good screen and properly-working speakers, you've got a very good TV.
Don't get me wrong, the audio isn't terrible, but I did notice it wasn't as good as my old CRT's speakers. No crackling, but a bit... off.

wiihdmi.png

IT FITS?!

I'm not positive, but I think my brother's setup has a Wii/360/PS3 hookup through HDMI.

Back