HELP A NOOB BUILD A PORTABLE!!!!!

Hello, I wanted to build a portable system but the problem i am having are 1. How much $ will i get into if i build a protable system? 2.How long will the process take. and 3. How to generally make a nice portable?

Read around the forums, look at the stickied threads, and read progress reports.

Price depends on what kind of portable you make, how much stuff you have already, and how much stuff you break along the way. Varies for everybody.

Amount of time taken depends on how knowledgeable you are on soldering and electronics, and how dedicated you are to the project. Again, differs.

You spend lots of time on the case to make it look nice. Plenty of sanding if you're using Bondo or other "franken-casing" methods. Make sure the holes are aligned, don't make them too big, don't have holes in the case, etc. Again, look around the progress logs and see how other people are doing it.

Welcome to the forums, though! I'm afraid your questions are rather vague and hard to answer. Just make sure you do plenty of reading. This Instructable may help, too: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... me-System/

1.) Depends on the system. anywhere from $200 - $600

2.) With all the waiting for parts, labor, and everything else... from a month to five months

3.) For a nice case, read the case making section of the website. For a nice screen, use a PSOne screen. For nice audio, I'm the last person to ask. Make it light and small. Also if you want, I have recently made a decent guide to painting.

Back