Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, looks like I might be in the market for new headphones now.The bass just completely disappeared from the right side of my PortaPros and now everything sounds unbalanced and generally terrible. I can't afford new headphones right now, having just spent over $70 on the Collector's Edition of Fallout: New Vegas, even if another pair like I've got would only cost $30. And all I can use in their place are the earbuds I got with my iPod Nano back in 2006, and those are crap. Sound quality is noticeably inferior, bass is poor, and they make a constant hissing sound just being plugged in, plus they're not that comfortable.

Hugs? ;_;

Twilight Wolf said:
Ugh, looks like I might be in the market for new headphones now.The bass just completely disappeared from the right side of my PortaPros and now everything sounds unbalanced and generally terrible. I can't afford new headphones right now, having just spent over $70 on the Collector's Edition of Fallout: New Vegas, even if another pair like I've got would only cost $30. And all I can use in their place are the earbuds I got with my iPod Nano back in 2006, and those are crap. Sound quality is noticeably inferior, bass is poor, and they make a constant hissing sound just being plugged in, plus they're not that comfortable.

Hugs? ;_;
That happened to me with TWO pairs of Koss Portapros. *Can'tSayThisOnTV*'em

I can't think of any better sounding headphones on the market for $30. There may be better, I don't know. The bass on the Portapros was just amplified, and the actual frequency range is not that low.

If you want sound that'll last you a long time, get speakers. In my experience, all of the headphones I own usualy cease to function within 2 years (I had a pair of $100 Bose earbuds that just suddenly stopped working.) Used surround sound PC speakers are getting cheaper and cheaper (Bought some really nice speakers from Gunk awhile back.)

As far as headphones go? If you have $100 get the Audio Technica ATH-A700, with a FIIO amp.

I don't want speakers. For music-listening, I much prefer headphones. For gaming, I prefer headphones, especially in games like TF2 where sound is very important. I also don't want the rooms near mine listening in on conversations I might be having. And I can't spend $100 on headphones! Even when I'm not in debt that's too rich for my blood. I'm poor.

I've been playing with my iPod earbuds for the past few hours now and I already miss my PortaPros. The difference is astounding -- these earbuds are TERRIBLE. Like, imagine watching a Blu-Ray disc on a big ol' 52" 1080p HDTV. Now imagine watching the same movie on a 17" CRT from 1976. That's how big of a difference there is.

This couldn't have happened at a much worse time. I'm pretty deeply in debt as it is, I have other things I still need to pay for, I just spent a bit over $70 on the New Vegas collector's edition, and now this? Ugh. /wrists

Maybe so, but the thing is, there is NO reason for the cable to just "go bad." I'm pretty good to my headphones, never use them roughly -- Heck, they've barely ever been detached from my desktop since I got them. If I were taking them everywhere or being rough with them a lot, yeah, that'd be reasonable. But none of that happened. In addition, it was fine for part of last night -- I had been playing New Vegas for an hour or so when I went to a different floor of the Bison Steve, then the right ear sounded strange. I fired my gun, talked to Deputy Beagle... it all sounded wrong. I played some music. No bass in the right ear.

These things just broke themselves in the middle of a game. I don't see how that's possible. :/

If you pay for shipping I'll consider it.

Having to pay to ship them both ways AND put a package together myself is part of the reason why I don't really want to send them to Koss for a replacement, plus I have no idea how long I'll be without them. For a few bucks more I could just buy a new pair from Amazon and get free shipping. :/

Yeah, that's what everyone tells me. But my confidence in them has been shaken.

I'd be willing to give them another shot if I had the money... ._.

PalmerTech said:
Mebe I send you my steampunk headphones for a several month loan.
Golly gee, wouldnt you know it? My headphones just broke! Mayhaps I could borrow some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back