Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
So, uh, yeah. I'm looking for headphones. They have to have good noise isolation- I think that's what it's called. Not necessarily noise cancelling, but something that blocks sound reasonably well. As for sound quality, I don't want absolute flax but it doesn't have to be that good either. And they have to be cheap. Under $50 CAD, $100 max. I may or may not buy headphones, it depends how things go. But I still want some suggestions.

Bose in ear headphones. I don't think there's a model number or anything. If you look on amazon there should be some for like $75-$90. Excellent quality imo.

Bose anything is a ripoff.

Decent quality in-ear earbuds combined with a pair of hearing protectors from Lowe's (or Harbor Freight if you want to be really cheap) work great. I have a pair of JVC HA-FX34s that sound really good for what they are. I got them from Wal-Mart for $20 last summer. With this setup I can leave the volume at a comfortable level and barely hear the lawn mower running!

In-ear ones would be good for this? I think I have some in one of my junkpiles. Cheapys, but as for blocking noise they should work, right?

But aren't those really bad for your ears?

In-ear-monitors are the very best for passive noise isolation. They are VERY different from ear buds, amazing quality. They are not bad for your ears. Your ears will be very clean all the time now.

Well, if you've never cleaned your ear canal before you could push a bunch of wax into a plug, but your ears would have to be very dirty for that to happen. Earbuds are only bad if you make a habit of cranking the volume, which can cause problems no matter what kind of listening device you use.

That's why I like blocking outside noise rather than having my headphones compete with the environment. Better sound clarity and you won't need hearing aids when you hit 30! :awesome:

Don't know what you're talking about, Bose In-Ears are great.

Also, on the cheaper end SkullCandy Ink'd are good, and if you can spend about $60 the SkullCandy Titans are good. Everyone tells me SkullCandys break too easily, but I've never had a pair break, and I'm a a bit of a jerk to my headphones.

I am fine with any heaadphones that "don't sound like flax". I personally don't like flatulance in my ear.

bic said:
I like blocking outside noise rather than having my headphones compete with the environment. Better sound clarity and you won't need hearing aids when you hit 30! :awesome:
WWHHAAAATT??!? I CAN'T HHEEAAARRR YYOOOUU!!!

Ampersand said:

Also, on the cheaper end SkullCandy Ink'd are good, and if you can spend about $60 the SkullCandy Titans are good. Everyone tells me SkullCandys break too easily, but I've never had a pair break, and I'm a a bit of a jerk to my headphones.
SkullCandies are universally flax for the money. And Bose are all overpriced. Also, active noise canceling is leeching at your audio quality, and you don't even know it. No active, passive better.

βeta said:
Ampersand said:

SkullCandies are universally flux for the money. And Bose are all overpriced. Also, active noise canceling is leeching at your audio quality, and you don't even know it. No active, passive better.

my skullcandies last for at least 8 months, act as earplugs, and cost about 13 bucks. I'd say they're worth the money

I use a pair of $5 Sony cheapies. They've lasted me about a year, and sound pretty good. For $5, they're excellent.

Tchay said:
βeta said:
Ampersand said:

SkullCandies are universally flux for the money. And Bose are all overpriced. Also, active noise canceling is leeching at your audio quality, and you don't even know it. No active, passive better.

my skullcandies last for at least 8 months, act as earplugs, and cost about 13 bucks. I'd say they're worth the money
It's too bad you're wrong. Those RE0s will last you at least 8 years, and they don't cost 12 times as much. Audio quality is far superior.

zeturi said:
I use a pair of $5 Sony cheapies. They've lasted me about a year, and sound pretty good. For $5, they're excellent.
how often do you use headphones? Often enough to invest more than $.00137 a day on them? I know I do. Think about how much money it really costs to get a SUPERIOR product that will do a better job for longer, and how often you will use it. It's totally worth it. And I GUARANTEE those $5 headphones are awful.

Wow. Headphones are really expensive. As much as I want, even need some, I think I'm going to have to wait a while, since there are things higher on my "need to buy" list. Like a triwing. I've needed that for like a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back