Has anyone seen this? the nD

neverused

http://the-nd.com/

What is the nD?
The nD is a new open indie handheld gaming device currently under development by a team led by "bob's game" creator, Robert Pelloni.

How much will the nD cost?
The current target price for the nD is $10-20. It is being sold at cost with no markup. "It costs ten dollars because that's what they cost to make."

What is the appeal of the nD?
The appeal of the nD will be both it's low price of entry and the open nature of development. The low price will help attract a wide range of customers, and the open development process will help attract a wide range of developers. It is a win-win for both the customer and the developer.

nd.png

Looks like a good candidate for a case at least, if anyone's interested.

If it ever happens.

A $20 handheld and it's still more powerful than my DS. Nintendo, seriously, what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*?

That nD looks neat, but I have a feeling that it's going to die very quickly without any major publisher support.

For $10-20 I'll buy one anyway. For that cheap they may end up giving them away with Happy Meal's. :D

That seems like a huge attack @ Nintendo, probably because they wouldn't release "Bob's Game"

Looks interesting, button layout is horrible.

EDIT:
XCVG said:
A $20 handheld and it's still more powerful than my DS. Nintendo, seriously, what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV*?

That nD looks neat, but I have a feeling that it's going to die very quickly without any major publisher support.

More powerful than a handheld released 7-8 years ago.

Also, a handheld led by a team by a guy that once got so angry at Nintendo he actually trashed his room and threatened to run them into the ground.

Born leader.

XCVG said:

Lol good one. A cheap handheld with an SDK available to EVERYONE for FREE? I don't see this dying.

You guys are aware that this device is almost guaranteed to be vaporware, right? This is the product of a manchild who is pissed at Nintendo for not publishing his terrible game or giving him a developer SDK for free, and locked himself in his room in protest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob's_Game

If you want this thing, go buy a GP2X Wiz or Dingoo, or jailbreak your iDevice / root your Android.

bic said:
You guys are aware that this device is almost guaranteed to be vaporware, right? This is the product of a manchild who is pissed at Nintendo for not publishing his terrible game or giving him a developer SDK for free, and locked himself in his room in protest.

If you want this thing, go buy a GP2X Wiz or Dingoo, or jailbreak your iDevice / root your Android.

Yeah, not to mention, I don't care for the social commentary on gaming from a deranged recluse, even if the 2D graphics are kinda appealing.

bic said:

this.

Ampersand said:
bic read Wikipedia and learned a new word, cute :lol:

Which one? Vaporware? Manchild? Root?

The point still stands that this guy is a kook (like RMS only without grant money).
emot-colbert.gif

bic said:

But those cost way more than $20! :cry4: (what I really want is this)

All the current games look like total crap except for Doom, Bob's Game, and the NES Emulator. If he can't get anyone major to make a decent game for this, the only thing that could possibly keep it alive is if it's easily hackable by the modding community. I could see it becoming a cheap media player (though it may be a little underpowered for that).

Possible GBA emulator? If anything, hackers will use this for emulation, I don't see much else.

Mario said:
All the current games look like total crap except for Doom, Bob's Game, and the NES Emulator. If he can't get anyone major to make a decent game for this, the only thing that could possibly keep it alive is if it's easily hackable by the modding community. I could see it becoming a cheap media player (though it may be a little underpowered for that).

Actually, there ARE no current games.
There is no nD hardware.
No nD prototype has ever been made, because whatshisdick doesn't know anything about hardware.
The games on the site are "pledge" games, about half are BULLflax he made up, and the rest are games people have "Pledged" to make when the nD is released, which it never will be.

If you don't even have the CPU architecture decided on, or the amount of RAM, how the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* do you expect people to believe the nD will be able to be developed for easily, with SDL?

It's all bullflax, it's lies, it doesn't exist, it never will, the SDK was supposed to be released a week ago. (It's a joke, see, because on the nD forums, it's always a week away! It has been. For weeks.)

Why do the face buttons look like the retarded lovechild of a GC and Genesis? Seriously that is just terrible. The diamond of buttons or the 6 button layout are pretty much standard now, this makes me anger.

Gyroninja said:
There are prototypes made. Only a few.

Prototypes of WHAT?
He doesn't even know what CPU architecture he's using.
He CLAIMS he's ported Bob's Game to it.

Have you seen pics of hardware?

Nobody's seen pics of hardware.
There is no hardware.

Back