Harry potter 7.5

pLover said:
@∑nigma: More than that, though, why the Heck didn't Harry die after constantly being crashed into so many bricks and crap at such high speeds?

@Ashen: Actually, I have to disagree about the Snape sequence. I think they did it just right. They could have shown a bit more of Lily growing to hate him, but the what makes the way they did it so great is how much they really left up to the viewer to make clear. They made it clear without flat-out explaining it, and I think if they had made that part more like the book, it wouldn't have been as powerful.
That happens in every movie. Inertia doesn't seem to exist in Hollywood.

The thing that got me the most was, after "Look at me", he said "You have your mother's eyes". I mean, it is the only way people would have understood if they hadn't read the books, but screw them. :p

Am I the only one that finds the movies to be difficult to follow, even though I've read all the books several times? My dad hasn't read any of the books, and he says he never has a clue what is going on, and I'm the same way some of the time.

I've never read the books and can't figure out what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is going on half the time. There seems to be no story at all, just a bunch of little nothings put together.

Yeah, the movie series as a whole did a terrible job with the continuous plot.

Pssh, book be better than movie? Yes, if you like to read story. But not practical, hohohoho.

Giant man with book report due watches movie and Googles book differences. Write report.

Book? Take too long. Movie is guaranteed two hours.

Will take Les Miserables starring Liam Neeson over little tiny baby letters on paper.

SS

Ashen said:
Having just seen this a second time, it really pisses me off how much they changed/left out of the last 30 minutes of the movie.

Right from the start of the Hogwarts battle sequence it all turned into pure flux. For one thing, Harry did not make his entrance at Hogwarts the way it happened in the movie at all. What happened to the death eater brother and sister sequence in Hufflepuff which tied into the whole back story of the Gray Lady and how Voldemort had come to acquire the tiara thing from her? The way they portrayed all of this in the movie was just pure flux and at the end, for someone who didn't read the books. I can see it not making a whole lot of sense.

Another part that really bothered me was the Nevil sequence. This was a really EPIC moment for Nevil in the book and they totally ruined it in the movie. Why they changed this part is beyond me, cause there really was no reason to.

IMO they could have spent a few more minutes explaining Snape's story also. The fact that Snape really was a good guy the whole time because of his love for Harrys mother was poorly conveyed in the film.

Surprisingly the fact that Voldemort just disintegrates into thin air at the end of the film bothers me the least. Because of the way this sequence went in the books it would have been difficult to film it the way it really happened AND keep it exciting at the same time. So I can sympathize a bit here.

Meh, this is why books are ALWAYS better...
That. Also, there was alot of stupid things. Like When voldemort kills snape it should be in the shrieking shack. But its in the boathouse. I cant figure out why they bothered changing something like that. Theres no reason for it. And they did it quite a bit.

samjc3 said:
That. Also, there was alot of stupid things. Like When voldemort kills snape it should be in the shrieking shack. But its in the boathouse. I cant figure out why they bothered changing something like that. Theres no reason for it. And they did it quite a bit.
I guess when they first did the shrieking shack in number 3, it didn't work well enough with the way the scene played out this time round.

Back