guys i found a picture of the real PS4

Another fun one: John Madden was offered the ability to buy an unlimited number of stock options in EA when they went public, but he wanted nothing to do with it. He now considers it the dumbest mistake he's ever made.

Re: Re: guys i found a picture of the real PS4

That's why EA genesis games have those goofy square carts instead of the regular design.

grossaffe said:
He now considers it the dumbest mistake he's ever made.

"Here's a guy that when he starts running he moves faster."

grossaffe said:
Kickback said:
grossaffe said:
Kickback said:
Calling the Wii U next-gen is a real stretch tbh, it's barely on par with the current consoles we have already.
That is a common misconception. The problem is that people are judging the Wii U based on current gen hardware convention. With the Xbox 360, for example, the GPU got maxed out fairly early on, so a lot of processing, such as physics, was unloaded to the CPU. As a result, developers have become accustomed to a beastly CPU being of utmost importance.

The Wii U takes a different approach and instead has a beastly GPU that demolishes the 360 while the CPU is a more modest upgrade. The CPU and GPU are built on a single die, meaning communication between the two processing units is lightning-fast. To get the most out of the Wii U, developers need to stop programming to max out the CPU, but rather take advantage of GPGPU (General Purpose computation on Graphical Processing Units) which is modern programming concept that is on the rise. As developers figure out how to offload work from the CPU onto the GPU, they'll realize they're dealing with a completely different kind of beast.

Whilst you have a good point, as soon as the Infinity & PS4 hit, the Wii U is gonna look pretty shocking in comparison.

It just doesn't help to introduce something totally new, and then port over 360 and PS3 games that barely look any different, but then Nintendo has a loyal as *PLAQUE* fan-base who will buy it anyway probably.
We'll cross the Infinity and PS4 bridges when they arrive. I don't foresee anywhere near as big a difference as there was between the Wii and the PS360.

That being said, say hello to the PS4 power supply:
47c65754-33e8-4709-b55a-d472a32b898e.jpg

And here is the Xbox One's Power Brick
Fast-Breeder-Nuclear-Project.jpg

Back to consoles, I really want a next gen, cartridge based console. I love cartridges. They make me feel all warm inside.

CamLusted said:
Back to consoles, I really want a next gen, cartridge based console. I love cartridges. They make me feel all warm inside.
Carts be 'spensive. 'Course you could always try to make a project of simulating old-school carts with small flash drives and a USB loader. Mod the USB connectors to be cartslot-like and then have a bunch of carts for different games.

Yeah, for a cart based system that used modern hardware, it would either be serial, or need a flaxton of pins.
Also, a plastic disc with tin foil on it is probably always going to be cheaper.

360 and Wii U at least support saving XBLA/eshop games to USB drives I'm pretty sure. You could easily make "carts" for all your downloadable games.

I'm actually surprised no one has done it before considering how perfect it'd be for like Megaman 9/10.

Back