Getting over the air HDTV

bentomo

Frequent Poster
I have the visiontek ati hd 600 usb tuner, I bought it for the composite recording. But I am wondering what atsc is and if it really is free tv. I mostly want to know because my tv provider switched g4tv to digital tv only so I would have to pay more money for 200 more channels just to get g4tv. I just want to watch the channel. And don't tell me to go to their website and watch there, I don't want to sift through everything to watch stuff, I want full episodes of attack of the show, x-play and the like.

So I was wondering if g4 might be on atsc and if it really is free tv as long as you can get reception on the channels. I hear a lot of reviews of tv cards saying that you can get free over the air hdtv in the USA. So what is this?

yeah, over the air HD channels will be local channels in HD should they decide to send the signals.

On the other hand, I don't get over the air REGULAR channels. I'm still very bitter over the digital changeover. I have a converter box and everything, but the signals suck.

So is there anyway to get g4tv mostly AOTS without upgrading my tv service? Maybe online place to watch it? or at least I can download new episodes daily?

I think the best I can do though is get itunes and subscribe to all the g4 stuff

jleemero said:
Free TV & Free HD as in local channels.

News and Sports, and the occasional soap, enjoy!

You must live in a really crappy location, because I get a ton more than that over-the-air.

bentomo said:
So is there anyway to get g4tv mostly AOTS without upgrading my tv service?

No. The digital OTA TV signals are just your local channels (NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, etc) plus some extras (RTV, ION, etc). G4 is a premium channel you can only get through digital cable or sattelite.

Maybe online place to watch it?

They might have stuff on their website.

or at least I can download new episodes daily?

You can find just about everything on *cough*, but it's not exactly on the up-and-up.

I think the best I can do though is get itunes and subscribe to all the g4 stuff

Don't they charge for their actual shows? (Podcasts are free.)

Back