genesis screen?

Please stop making tons of threads... I believe I've responded in each one now.

Define cheap. If you mean $30 shipped from China, then yes that is cheap. If you want cheaper than that, there are hip gear lcds that I've seen on ebay for $20 shipped, but they are only 2.5 inches and are only so-so quality.

You mean a screenpad? I've seen one, and it's not even 2.5". Maybe 2" or 2.25".

Nah, I just double checked and it is a 2.5 inch. It's still a bit too small to be used, IMO. Go with at least a 3 inch, but only if your portable is small. Otherwise, a 3.5 inch or psone screen is probably your best bet.

Yep. The hip gear is almost exactly the same size as the gameboy pocket's screen. 3.5 screens are nice, a 3 inch would probably be to okay for NES, SNES, or genesis.

Im using a 5" for my SNESp, probably too big, but I dont want to build an amp, or wait 3 weeks for shipping fro AZN land. Probably should have gone with a 3.5, but I like big screen. Didnt account that it might not fit into my case, but Nobble is gonna fix that :awesome:

5 inch screen portables are nice, though. You have a pretty good viewing size. 3.5 inch screens are really only useful if you're using a small case, or can't find a psone screen.

zeturi said:
5 inch screen portables are nice, though. You have a pretty good viewing size. 3.5 inch screens are really only useful if you're using a small case, or can't find a psone screen.

Or in a pissin contest to see who can make the smallest portable which then doesn't count because it's not using a 5" Psone screen which is the norm and standard. :p

The screen on my DS is only 3" and it seems plenty big to me. Frankly I don't see the obscession with big screens that fill up pretty much the entire front area of the case. It's like empty surface area is a sin or something.

I find it to be. It's just so... empty. I could always to artwork on the empty space, but meh.

Plus, these games weren't meant for 2.5 or 3 inch screens (Dark Cloud was not fun on a 2.5 inch screen). I've always wondered how using the hookshot or the bow in Zelda would be on an n64p.

Smaller is often better I've found, but I'm used to using a PC. The thing is, it's the same source resolution, in a smaller area. The screen resolution is only half, in a much smaller space.

But like I said, I'm used to near-HD on a 20" screen.

Back