Gba sp volume slider mod

Hi, this is my first post on ModRetro. I am currently doing a case mod of a gba sp, and one of the things I'd like to do is change the volume control slider to two buttons (up and down) but its not that easy as the slider is a form of potentiometer. I was wondering if anyone had done something similar, or has any ideas that could help.

The Overlord

The Overlord said:
Hi, this is my first post on ModRetro. I am currently doing a case mod of a gba sp, and one of the things I'd like to do is change the volume control slider to two buttons (up and down) but its not that easy as the slider is a form of potentiometer. I was wondering if anyone had done something similar, or has any ideas that could help.

The Overlord

I used this for my GBA SP and it works great (I do not take any credit for this diagram):

602501_412928428757826_766837366_n.jpg

Thanks Zeldaxpro, that idea is basically all I can find, only to a wheel or extended slider, not buttons... I'll keep trying to find a way to make it work with buttons, but if all else fails I might have to go with the wheel pot. Thanks for that.

To use buttons you would have to make a completely new circuit using IC's, or trabsistors to control the volume digitally ( I think). So I can't help you here just thought I would let you know its not for the inexperienced, and you probably wouldn't be able to keep it confined to the case. Hope it helps.

Back