GBA SP Glowing Symbol Case Mod

After getting the idea off of an Instructables forum, I want to create a glowing symbol on the back of a Gameboy Advance SP, like the Apple logo on the back of a Macbook (it's gonna be a different logo, of course). Problem is, this is my first console mod. I was looking for a few pointers, and I've yet to find anything relevant on the Handhelds forum (please point me in the right direction if there is one).

First off, do you all think it is possible without any other added lights, assuming I removed the foam from behind the screen? Is it gonna be bright enough?

Second, since I'm going to be repainting the whole case, is it ok to just cut out a stencil outline of the symbol, or should I go ahead with sanding the inside (so it all looks flat on the outside)? I ask because I don't trust myself with sandpaper and I don't want the paint to be too thick for the light to go through. If I do cut it out, what should I fill it in with? Would epoxy resin work?

Finally, is there a specific type of paint or something I should use for both coating and detailing the case? I'm certain there is a board on this, but I have no idea where to look.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Checking the Cases section has answered pretty much all of my paint questions. I'm still iffy on if there is a good paint for detailing, or if I should just use cardboard and stencils.

Back