Gamecube Screen V.s PSOne screen + Batteries

I have more questions

1. I've seen so many guides that use the PS-one screen over the game cube screen, so I was wondering if the GameCube screen could be used and what the advantages and disadvantages of each are.

2. I was advised by the same guy (who advised me about the GBA Sp screen originally) that I should use batteries from cordless phones as they usually come with a charging dock which I could implement. However after further research I found that each battery is about 1.2V which would mean the minimum I would need is 10; that's without taking into consideration of capacity (I'm estimating 20 or 30 if I consider capacity). I don't particularly want to use Li Ion batteries either since the explosion thing scares me as well as the memory effect thing. what type of batter is recommended how do I implement it with charging.

3. I'm going to be making appropriate posts in the junkyard but if anyone can point me in the right direction of somewhere where I'll be able to buy the above or even sell me directly, please PM me or reply.

keep in mind I'm from the UK and am reluctant to buy from non-UK sources

4. What wire gauge do I need for the power board relocation (I believe there's 3/4 thinner wires and 1 thicker wire required) but I'm not sure of the exact gauge

elusive-umbreon said:
I have more questions

1. I've seen so many guides that use the PS-one screen over the game cube screen, so I was wondering if the GameCube screen could be used and what the advantages and disadvantages of each are.

2. I was advised by the same guy (who advised me about the GBA Sp screen originally) that I should use batteries from cordless phones as they usually come with a charging dock which I could implement. However after further research I found that each battery is about 1.2V which would mean the minimum I would need is 10; that's without taking into consideration of capacity (I'm estimating 20 or 30 if I consider capacity). I don't particularly want to use Li Ion batteries either since the explosion thing scares me as well as the memory effect thing. what type of batter is recommended how do I implement it with charging.
What Gamecube screen are you talking about? There was an Intec screen that is crap quality and a Zenith screen that was just a repackaged PSOne screen. Many people are using other screens now.

That guy still has no idea what he's talking about. I would advise you to just nod your head when he's talking and don't listen to a word of it. If you don't want to go lithium, NiMH is your next best choice. A common source for them is RC car batteries, just make sure the cells are at least sub-C size or bigger (AA won't last long). Also, what lithium memory effect? I believe there was a study recently that said they do have a memory effect, but its so low it doesn't really matter.

Back