GameCube Fusion Rev. 3

Re: GameCube Fusion Rev 3. (Sneak Peak)

Screen is from DX. Dont have link atm.

Wired everything together, went to close it up last night all was working perfectly. Wiikey died for absolutely no apparent reason... Was super close to just putting this *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing thing on the ground and giving it a few hefty stomps. I want to cry.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
And you wired to the actel chip too!

could it be a loose wire check those hard drive wires, most likely a surface mounted fuse anything with a 0 or f on it? Maybe call them or email them tel them it won't work (wiikey) that is.

Nah, I already ripped it out. Afterwards I cut it up into tiny pieces, made me feel slightly better but not really.

I played doctor with the wires and ever so carefully removed them from their epoxy prison. I'll wire up a new Wiikey tonight, pray for me.

So I wired up a new Wiikey while I was at work last night and when I got home I wired it into the unit. At first glance it was working perfectly, blue led flickering and toggling the insert and reading disc option in the game menu. Pressed the button to load the loader... Nothing... reboot, retry. Nothing... No more blue LED flicker, no more toggling in the menu. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...

1 more dead Wiikey, total = 3 dead for this unit. Further investigation as to what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* led me to find I had wired the normally open pin on pin 29 going to the Wiikey not to 1.7v, but directly to the batteries... Sigh...

The very odd thing is that the original Wiikey I had wired in lasted a LONG TIME like this, which is why I didn't catch it right away. I tested the board so many times with it like that and I just can't understand how the original one took it and continued to work for so long.

Oh well, at the end of the day. I got a very bittersweet win:

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

I need to fix some stuff that I *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ered up while doing all this last minute stuff and I need to set up the low battery indicator. After that I can hopefully close it up for good without anything else going wrong in between now and then. :/

That is Awesome I can't believe how quick and nice you got it done. Hope to see a video of it or something else. :D

Cheers, Wes

Thanks guys!

I still have a few things left to do. I'm not sure I really like these DX screens, if the image gets too dark the screen shuts off, which is bad when you're in the middle of gameplay. I need to work out how to make it stay on all the time or replace the screen.

Its not really a commission, but I'll likely sell it when its done.

I've been playtesting it alot today and it play beautiful. :D

Either that or I'll poke at the back of the board until I find the transistor that turns the screen on/off when its getting a video signal and just jump it.

Ashen how do the games look even in 16:9 ratio? Just wondering cause I may use a wider screen not sure yet though.

Wes

To me the stretching is barely noticeable, some people around here will argue with that though. Its all personal preference tbh.

Double post, yea.

Video fix was easier than I thought. Don't use Cam in (marked av1 on the board) on these screens, use Video in (marked av2)... doy. :/

Still some little stuff to do, right now I'm having to much fun playing this thing to put it down though. I may just keep this one for now and sell the Revolution.... maybe.

Oh yea, batteries lasted 2 hours and 4 minutes today, not to shabby imo. I'm pretty sure this is the smallest GCp with batteries currently, not sure how large the envision is. They've gotta be close though. XGC doesn't count, SS took the batteries out. ;)

Ashen said:
Double post, yea.

Video fix was easier than I thought. Don't use Cam in (marked av1 on the board) on these screens, use Video in (marked av2)... doy. :/

Still some little stuff to do, right now I'm having to much fun playing this thing to put it down though. I may just keep this one for now and sell the Revolution.... maybe.

Oh yea, batteries lasted 2 hours and 4 minutes today, not to shabby imo. I'm pretty sure this is the smallest GCp with batteries currently, not sure how large the envision is. They've gotta be close though. XGC doesn't count, SS took the batteries out. ;)

WAIT. THAT MEANS I WAS THE TITLE HOLDER ALL THIS TIME!?!?!??! I NEVER EVEN GOT A CHANCE TO BRAG TO EVERYONE!!!!!

I thiiiink yours is smaller based off the pics. Great job :p

Now its Bentomo's turn to pwn us all.

They are just regular 18650 li-ion cells. These ones specifically:

http://www.batteryspace.com/LG-Lithium- ... .62Wh.aspx

Seems like I get a pretty consistent 2hrs and 5mins playtime with this particular setup. Nice thing is that I've got the low batt indicator set now at 15ish mins left. But when I have about 1min or so left the screen looses color and goes a bit fuzzy, leaves just enough time to save quick if I want to. :D

Wow ashen, the case is just perfect.

You have won the "More perfectionist than the rest of us" award.

Back