Gamecube controller issue

Bakuku

Hi everybody,

I'm having some issues with my controller.

First, the Analog and C stick both can't reach their full range.
For example Super Mario Sunshine, Mario can move left and right to some full extend but not really and up and down make him look like he's carrying extra weight. Almost as if he slowmo walking, sneaking. The C stick has the same issue, I've tested this in the character select screen of SSBM where C moves the screen.

If it matters, I'm using a spare C stick with original board for the Analog side and had to swap X and Y to make them work or else all input would move one position to the right. Up = right, right down, and so on.

Second, I don't have a 100ohm resistor on my data line and yet it works? I've tried adding one but then the controller wouldn't respond and without it just "works" aside from the issues.
All the rest seems to be in order.

I hope someone can help me with these issues.

Thanks in advance and sorry for crappy Ipad pictures.

I can't see anything in your pics, sorry. If you could get a cleaner shot of your trimmed controller board that could help things. One thing that happened to me when I was working on mine was it always seemed like I would always get shorts on my triggers. To correct this problem I ran my iron in between the pads I soldered to and my short went away.

Re:

DuHasst0 said:
1)I can't see anything in your pics, sorry. If you could get a cleaner shot of your trimmed controller board that could help things.

2)One thing that happened to me when I was working on mine was it always seemed like I would always get shorts on my triggers. To correct this problem I ran my iron in between the pads I soldered to and my short went away.

1) Hope this help. Still crappy tho.

2) There are no bridges as far as I can tell. Checked with a multimeter

Back