Gameboy Devcart Version 3

Drakon

Same hardware as version 2, I just rebuilt the case.

k7FIXMt.jpg

yA6KJ16.jpg

UN5JP99.jpg

UqTvNTI.jpg

9lxXO9P.jpg

MtVL0vL.jpg

ns7H1lM.jpg

Gdxfmzx.jpg

71CuoxK.jpg

This thing will hold me over until someone makes a proper gameboy / gameboy color cart that reads games from a sd card. My devcart supports games all the way up to 64 mbit. The main socket you can burn, drop and play eproms up to 8mbit without any rewiring. The toggle switch on the top is to switch between eprom and eprom compatible flashchips. The 3 pin header on the top is the extra address lines for 16, 32 and 64 mbit adapters. This cart uses the mbc5 chip so it can play the entire gb / gbc library. This cart also has the largest possible size save ram chip running on a socketed battery.

Ashen said:
This is sexy and that Metroid 2 color is even sexier. Do want.
For someone like yourself it should be very easy. Buy a zelda dx cart, desolder the maskrom. The maskrom pinout is eprom pinout no rewiring needed. You can wire up an eprom or plcc socket very easily. The extra address lines for larger roms can be tapped by attaching wires to pins of the mbc5 chips. To make a switch that allows eprom pinout flash chips to work just have it connect pins 32 and 31 together when the switch is in the "on position". Only difference between eprom pinout flash chips and eproms is with the flashchips you need to feed vcc into pin 31 for the chip to run.

Back